Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Non-resident bowhunting in Iowa >

Non-resident bowhunting in Iowa

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Non-resident bowhunting in Iowa

Old 01-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default Non-resident bowhunting in Iowa

I was thinking about trying to bowhunt this fall in Iowa - as a non-resident. I was wondering if anyone knew wether there is a draw for bowhunting tags for non-resident and if so what that deadline might be. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:11 AM

Default RE: Non-resident bowhunting in Iowa

It is a draw, and I can't remember the deadline, somewhere around May I think. Check the Iowa DNR website and you find everything you need. You also have to pick which zone you will be hunting and each zone is given a certain amount of bowhunting tags for non-residents. I talked with a few guys from Iowa last year and they stated it was pretty hard to get in the first year or two. They use a preference point system, so the longer you apply the more chance you have to get picked. Also, I think they only sell 6,000 non-resident tags, so you do the odds, not too good.