Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels) >

Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

Old 01-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

Bowan the results will be the same
Old 01-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Looks like we have a full fledged native american here guys...
Old 01-14-2004, 06:02 PM

Always good to see another stickbow shooter. especially one that's got absolutely NO sense of political correctness. Welcome!
LOL.......

You are welcome here native.................Even with your Sloooooooooooow bow

I still think its Arthur posting under a new name and telling us how he really feels about us techie guys[]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just gotta enter this one !

Compounds are a very easy way to get into archery season. The technology they bring to the table enables the vast majority of bowhunters to easily aquire shooting skills to go bowhunting. Its a challenge from gun hunting for sure though, regardless of how good the equipment makes you shoot. Compound shooters can realisticlly take animals to 40-50 yards and beyond.

Recurves/longbows/selfbows are another breed. Without high letoffs, fancy rests, sights and mechnical releases ... and a whole lot slower in arrow speed and power, they are a whole 'nother critter. They take lots of practice for most people to get good enough at even 15-20 yards. Huge difference ? OH YEAH ! Tougher to take game with ? Yes, it is.

Thats not to diss compound hunters, just making obvious statements about the different kinds of equipment. Its easier to kill animals with a rifle than a compound, so too is it with a compounds than a longbow/recurve.

Shoot what you want, hit what you aim at and enjoy your hunting. When it gets a bit dull, take a step in the other direction and try the next step of challenge, be it muzzleloader, pistol, compounds, crossbow, longbow recurve of self bow.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

i uh like to ride side saddle
Don't women ride this way?

I really don't know where you get off pushing your style of hunting, if you actually do, on anyone else.

I shoot a compound and don't consider it be have training wheels.

I also shoot a recurve.

I'd like to try hunting with a longbow one day but it'll be when I decide to do it, not when someone named nativestickbowman tells me to.......

And by the way, I'm part Choctaw.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM

I have all the respect for you trad guys - never nocked the way you hunt.

I would like to get into shooting a recurve - I have no desire to hunt with one though - never did.

I would much rather try my best at shooting mature bucks with my "training wheels"

Than to go out and plink does and dinks with a recurve - no matter how hard you guys say it is.

Diff. strokes for...................
Old 01-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like that high tech computer that you are using to spread the message of being traditional. And tell me that these great legends that you are nameing wouldn't possibly have used the gear avaiable to us now. And if you truly are a native american as you are portraying. I beleive that the elders would be greatly dissapointed in you. As the true native american beleifs are those of acceptance. Obviously you are not looking at all sections of the wheel or you would be learning from those who are on the opposite side of the wheel. I am glad that you are so confident in your abililities but talk is cheap and actions are louder than words. By your actions you are stuck in the south and not advancing to the west very fast. Then again there are many of us who never have a balanced wheel. The greatest that we all have learned from is Ishi. Why are you naming those of non indian heritage. After all Saxton Pope learned from Ishi. This foolish talk is a disgrace to all that have held on to the native culture. And yes, I am proud of my heritage also in which a third of the nation fell on the trail to Oaklahoma. That was then and this is now. All we have to hang on to is the old ways that are being disgraced by foolish trash talk.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:38 PM

Just wondering if you go to the Texas Bowhunting Board as well. The campfire if a forum on that site. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...cus/discus.cgi

ORIGINAL: NativeStickBowMan

Doe Culler

Well i welcome you to the amazing sport of traditional archery. I think you will certainly enjoy the challenge of skill, dexterity this sport takes, dont get yourself down when you first start, uh practice certainly makes perfect thats for dang sure.

I reccomend a book for you,

You might pick this one up: Traditional Archery by Sam Fadala.

Its a pretty easy reader,

Good Luck and Happy Trails My Friend, Your Welcome At My Campfire Anyday!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:48 PM

Hey jag-mag,

If we was using a spear from a pony.....would that make it a lance?
Old 01-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like that high tech computer that you are using to spread the message of being traditional.
Maybe you haven't noticed... It's kinda hard to send smoke signals over the internet.

And tell me that these great legends that you are nameing wouldn't possibly have used the gear avaiable to us now.
Fred Bear said he was sorry he ever touched a compound. Howard Hill wouldn't even shoot a recurve, much less a compound. Jerry Hill... How the hell did his name get mixed up in that crowd? He's no archery great. He's just a guy that puts together third rate copies of his uncle's design.

Quick Reply: Stickbow vs Compound (training wheels)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.