Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Homemade Love Potion #9 >

Homemade Love Potion #9

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade Love Potion #9

Old 01-09-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Homemade Love Potion #9

I've seen a homemade potion by MrFritz44 on this board, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried out that mix yet, or if you might have your own homemade mix that works equally as well to eliminate your scent.

I like the idea of making my own for much cheaper than the store bought, as I like to spray alot of it on everything that goes with me into the woods
Old 01-09-2004, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Homemade Love Potion #9

Don't know about a spray, what works great is dust your clothes and shoes with a mixture of baking soda and corn starch.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:22 PM

I read that earlier and it sounded prety good I plan to give it a try next season.

1 gallon distilled water (or clean creek water, just no chlorines or iodines in it)
1/2 box of baking soda
16 oz peroxide
2 shot glasses of Hunters Specialty green liquid soap

Pour out enough water from a gallon jug to get the other stuff in and let it fizz for a while after mixing (about 1 hour or the top will pop off). Then just transfer to a spray bottle and you're set.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:19 PM

i have simmered acorns and dirt before and then put i into a spray bottle it worked well to mask the scent i dont know about eliminateing it i have always just washed em with commercial stuff the took all of my under layer and buried em in a cardboard box full of dirt and leaves that worked
Old 01-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I used that recipe this year and it seemed to work great. I wasn't winded once (that i am aware of). I saw plenty of deer, bagged one shy of my limit and had numerous deer right under my tree and on all sides of me, downwind included and they never noticed me. I think it's well worth trying and cheap too!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:05 AM

Thanks for the replys
Old 01-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Stalker22,
Thanks for the recipe - I'll give it a try
Old 01-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Just got back with the muzzleloader and didn't have any scent killer on.........I was winded twice in a very variable and strong wind. Heard snorts each time. First time all year I heard a deer snort and only the 3rd time I hunted without the scent killer (the other two being late season muzzleloader hunts as well).

The stuff works, or there is a hell of a year long coincidence occurring!

Let us all know how it works or fails for you after you try it.

Fritz
Old 01-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's for the recipe's guy's I'll have to try some of this next season. This will save me some money so I can spend it on more bowhunting gear.I was talking to a guy one night and he told me that he was going to make his own deer scent I kind of laughed and thought he was nut's .Have any of you guy's ever heard of this??

nubo
Old 01-11-2004, 08:03 PM

No problem Dodger but I can't take credit for it. I have to make mention that that solution belongs to mrfritz44. I just brought it over to this post. BTW good thinking Fritz. I'm curious as to how you came up with the right combination or the idea to mix like that.