Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever lost the desire to hunt? >

ever lost the desire to hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever lost the desire to hunt?

Old 01-09-2004, 08:23 PM

Default RE: ever lost the desire to hunt?

I myself would have to honestly say yes.. As a matter of fact it has really gotten to me this year..

1st off begining of season not even two weeks in, when i was target practicing
my top limb blew apart .. It almost caused me my eyesight... This bow was only 2yrs old... [:@] Never had a problem with it.. Was very very confident with this bow... Well i didn't have a back up so couldn't hunt... Took it to my pro shop for repair... Did not get it back until 1st week of Nov... Shot it when i got it back, everything seemed to be ok.. Well i had the 1st full week of Nov off for vac..[:-] I shot a good buck that week only to have two guys take him...(i know cause i seen the truck pull up along roadside in direction he ran (stayed idle for few mins then spun off in a hurry, i mean what the heck kind of persons would do this?..[:@])

Well i was hearing a popping noise when i drew the bow.. Hmmm that don't sound so good i heard.(from pro shop ).. Well come to find out when the limb blew it somehow torqued the limb pocket enough to throw things off..[:'(] (sent back to fact for inspect..)

Ended up that they would not guarntee it after repair....(still under warranty too![:@])
I decided that i had, had enough headache for the most part and told them what they(manufact)could do with the bow!! (pro shop did help me out a great deal).. And i really appreciated that... He made me a deal on a new bow and i bought it... Well then my daughter got really really sick and i could not even think to leave to go to the woods...Shes better now, and i have 6 days left of our season here..And in my case cannot hunt during the week,only weekends..So i have decided that this year is over for me.....[:'(]
And beleive me i really hate to have to come to this decision,cause i love bowhunting, it's just who i am and what i really have a great passion for..

Someone up stairs just didn't think i needed to be out there this year for what ever reason... The only thing i keep telling myself is it's because he has something really grand instore for me next season....[:-]
Old 01-09-2004, 08:36 PM

Stop hunting? What else is there to life????? he he he
Old 01-09-2004, 09:24 PM

I almost gave up after wounding a buck, but I did not, and shot a nice buck later, but last year I sat all season, did not shoot anything seen many does, and a few bucks and all, but it was still a good season, just being in the woods!

But I can say this, I will never give up hunting!!

Nica Barca: I noticed that you live in Hawai'i, I was just down there before Xmas, I stayed in Kona, awesome place, and then I went up to Waikoloa, I took a helicopter tour over Mt. Kilauea, awesome too, about how far is that from where you live??
Old 01-09-2004, 10:35 PM

Yes I've lost it before.. Actually I lost it tonight! The Owner of the Property was cutting wood back deep in the woods and i dind't know till i heard him drive about 200 yards behind me and i was like crap.. SAt morning should have more instore.. 8 degrees i'm feeling the four big ones i've been seeing will be working by.. just gotta decide on which one to shoot
Old 01-09-2004, 11:10 PM

yes every year and then it is time to fish and then i get tired of it and it is time to go hunting
Old 01-10-2004, 03:01 AM

Hey Jeff,
That's quite a ways from where I live. Actually I live on Kauai. That's the confusing thing about Hawaii. They re-use the names on each island. I live on the North shore of Kauai in a small town called Kilauea... and love it here[8D]
Old 01-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say that i've ever lost the desire to hunt but i have had what i call "burn out" quite a few times. We have a long season here in NC from early Sept-Jan 1 and i do have times during the season when i just don't want to go and had rather be doing something else. I think it comes from hunting to much early on in the season. The last couple of years i have tried to pace myself early in the season so i won't be burned out by mid season. If i feel burn out coming on i just take a break for several days and then i'm ready to go again.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:05 AM

Yeah I would say that is confusing, well it is awesome on most of the Hawaiin Islands, it is even better, because you live on the least inhabitied island, but one question don't you ever get board around there??