Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let's take a poll, how many have ever Spine shot a deer? >

Let's take a poll, how many have ever Spine shot a deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's take a poll, how many have ever Spine shot a deer?

Old 01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Let's take a poll, how many have ever Spine shot a deer?

Done it twice, once on a doe and once on a hog. Both dropped in there tracks but both required follow up shots to finish them off. I don't recomend anyone intentionally try this shot.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mtair

i pulled the trigger on my release , and down it went . but then it started dragging . not a pretty sight!

same as mtair and it was my first kill ever with a bow, had two use a second arrow to finish him off. It's not fun seeing an animal in that kind of condition.
I don't think I would try for a spine shot intentionally.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Spike

I have accidently, and like many others have said, it dropped instantly and took another one to finish the job. Just reminds us to practice that much more so that it doesn't happen again.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:07 PM

happened once for me deer ducked at 30yrds spined it and had to listen to it baa like a sheep into i got another one it her .
Old 01-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Once by accident. Took a second arrow through the lungs to finish.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did it three times last year, unintentionally, for some reason kept shooting high.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, one time and I hope I never do it again, Paralized the hind quarters to a small 2x2 about 15 years ago. Got down out of my stand to bull dog him and slice his throat, simple enough I thought being a young man, let me tell you that dang buck beat the living daylights outta me with his antlers and front hooves and putting its mouth as if it were attempting to bite me and baa-ing all the time , my knife went fleeing outta my hands as soon as I went to slice, but I did manage to cut it and it breathed its last breath in my arms.[:'(] The shot was not intentional by any means and its the ugly part of hunting I dislike doing, but I hate to see them suffer and I owe it to the animal to keep it from suffering as much as I possibly can. Bobby
Old 01-10-2004, 03:25 PM

All on accident except with the rifle. 2 bucks with rifle (neck shots), 2 bucks with bow and one cow elk. One of the bucks with my bow did some funky thing jumping the string plus it was like 35 yards, and I got him in the necks close to the spine but didnt really hurt anything. Well as I was checking for blood and my arrow he came back follwing this doe with my arrow hanging out of his neck like it was jewerly. After a bit of crawling and waiting I got a double lunger and he went 25 yards.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I've done it twice. Once my very first time bowhunting. It was about 10 yards away, I was so nervous and just hit high. Had to put another shot in here. I also did it with shotgun slugs, killed it almost instantly.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:16 PM

my first bowkill i was shakin like crazy and hit the trigger before getting a good aim. I was coming up to shoot and FLUNK....CRACK! hit the shoulder, crushed the shoulder and spine, dropped instantly(before i knew what happened) and i saw that it only had one working leg so i climb down right then and put another shot under the rib cage from behind to end it. Me and my cousin were hunting a tree together 2 years ago and he spine shot a doe with a shotgun. It kicked for maybe 2 seconds like mad and then died. Brother shot his first deer with a shotgun and hit the spine in the neck and had to cut its throat to finish it off.

Quick Reply: Let's take a poll, how many have ever Spine shot a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.