Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting gear made 100% in the United States. >

hunting gear made 100% in the United States.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting gear made 100% in the United States.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting gear made 100% in the United States.

Arthur P - thanks for the schoolin - I didn't know about the aluminum. Very interesting.

River's Edge Tree Stands
Brutus Tree Stands
Lone Wolf Tree Stands
Commander camo
Danner boots
Buck Knives
Hoyt bows
Bob Lee recurve
Black Widow scents

...I'll have more later

A sad deal here - almost everything associated with the name Eastman is made overseas - from their arrows to their Gorilla tree stands. Eastman's headqaurters is 20 minutes from my house. Imagine all the jobs they could support if their stuff was made there too!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arthur you are right and YES I did know that.That is one of the issues that makes trade essential but you know my point is we need to get things back in check before all the jobs are gone.

To add to what you are saying,I will bet that NONE of the products listed above are made with AMERICAN machines and to take it a step further,the machines were actually invented in the USA.Yes cnc machines were invented right here and to my knowledge none of them are made in the USA now or have American software.There may be some but like I said,I am not aware of them.Interesting isn't it.Just like the USA,keep selling out untill there is nothing left to sell out.[X(]

Some items I know of

Extreme sights
Trufire releases
Scott releases
Tru ball releases
Old 01-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to say something else.Actually the Archery industry,atleast the hardware part is pretty good in general about staying here.There are alot of small companies that understand the importance of keeping it at home.They also like to support their communities in this way.

The larger clothing and shoe companies are the ones that are really jumping to China more than anyone in the industry.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems that most hunting companies, when compared to more 'mainstream' industries, have more production here in the US. Walk into an electronics store, most stuff will be from japan, china, etc. Walk into a local hunting store, most of the stuff will probably be from USA[:-]
Old 01-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pa

With the ecception of the clothes.There are even gun manufacturers that are leaving and some that have left and come back.

Optics is another item that would be hard to find made in the U.S.A.

But on the flip side like you stated,don't walk into Circuit City and try to find something made in the U.S.A.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:36 AM

TFOX, I believe Leupold is made in America. I have one on a 243.
I have found some clothing made in the USA but your right most items are imported.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Navy,I think laws have been changed so companies have to list if they are assembled in the U.S or if they are actually made in the U.S.It is definately something to watch for when looking at tags.You can buy Redwing shoes that says they are assembled in the U.S with imported products and you can buy Redwings that are 100% made in the U.S. with american products.

There is a line to be drawn but I am not sure where it is.An American car can be made of many foreign parts but it is still made in the U.S.

Doeculler,you are correct,Leupold is made in the U.S but they also make Windriver that is not made in the U.S. At a much lower cost.I am not sure if Leupold uses glass that is made in the U.S. There are countries that really accel with glass for optics.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:10 PM

Arthur is correct. We might better name the thread, "Assembled in the USA". There probably isn't a product anywhere that doesn't rely on some foreign materials somewhere in the manufacturing or assembly process. Virtually, every companiy has to rely to some extent on foreign labor, material, or machinery to put out their product. It's a matter of degree.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Theres nothing at all wrong with stuff that is made here even if some of the materials come from elsewhere. Trade is good, jobs are good.

Where are buck knives made? Anyone know? Just curious.

Quick Reply: hunting gear made 100% in the United States.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.