Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!! >

HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Old 12-31-2003, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

I went to my stand tonight and sat for less than 10 minutes and had 2 fawns come in and start eating clover in my field. After about half an hour they got kinda spooky and left and as soon as they were out of sight a doe came running through my property with a dog about 50 yards behind at full steam. I stood up and yelled and the dog stopped and ran back in the direction it came from. I am sure it was a neighbors dog but not sure what neighbor it belonged to. I won't shoot a pet but I will call animal controll if it happens again. How should I confront the dogs owner when I find out who it is?
P.S. Within an hour I did have 6 more deer in but they were very jumpy. Don't think I could have shot if I wanted to.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Tell the owner of the dog that it's in the best interest of the dog to not allow it to run loose especially during hunting season.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:15 PM

Find out who it belongs to and flat tell them you saw it chasing a deer.
It maybe they don't know it chases deer.
If they get all snoty about it then call dog wordon or just shoot it and forget it .
I don't shoot pets but have been told by dog wordon & game officer two diff. people that for them to do any thing they have to have it on camera so there can be no it's not my dog they don't have time to chase every call and about 1/2 of them they can't do a damn thing about as because they can't prove it was thier dog.
PS: I have been told by the game com. to shoot it and forget it end of story....
Old 12-31-2003, 07:23 PM

I have a friend that shot his own dog this year because it followed him to his treestand. If he can shoot his own dog, surely you can shoot somebody elses. If it causes that much of a problem, I would not have any trouble shooting it.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

have had this happen many times and it is an indication of todays society no one gives a damn about where their dogs are and then get irate when something happens to the dog , feel sorry for the dog its the owners fault and i try and give the dog ever benefit but you got to do what you got to do
Old 12-31-2003, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey Blaster if the guy shot his own dog
because it was running deer,I can see that
but if he shot it because it followed him to
where he was,then the poor dog is better
off dead then being owned by a jerk who
dosent have any respect for an animal
he needs help.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Remember, it's not the dogs fault, he's doing what is natural to him. Blame the owner and don't shoot someone's pet, that's just wrong.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

Remember, it's not the dogs fault, he's doing what is natural to him. Blame the owner and don't shoot someone's pet, that's just wrong.
It mite be wrong to shoot somes ones pet!!!
But when the game wordon tells you to ?????????
As to the dog doing whats natural I don't buy that.
Have had dogs all my life & never had one chase deer.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

And the dog is telling his buddies, that dang human ruined my hunt.[8D]
Old 01-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

But when the game wordon tells you to ?????????
I guess you mean the game warden. I Don't beleive that would come the mouth of any self respecting gamewarden for a moment. Just glad I don't have that type where I hunt, If I did I sure as hell would be reporting him.

Quick Reply: HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.