Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's your mentor? >

Who's your mentor?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's your mentor?

Old 12-19-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Who's your mentor?

Who’s your mentor?

Mentor-
1. A wise and trusted guide and advisor.
2. Serve as a teacher or trusted counselor.

My mentor is my nephew, PAHUNTER21. Who’s yours?

Seasons Greetings and a Merry Christmas to my bow-hunting mentor and favorite hunting partner PAHUNTER21. Thanks BJ for answering all my questions and supporting me in this incredible sport. We have had some great times, in ALL weather conditions and ALL states of mind. I hope we have many many more hunts together, I don’t care if it’s bow, small game, rifle or crow, I couldn’t ask for a better hunting partner or friend. Dont' ever forget McKean county and all the snow.

Round 2 starts December 26th. See ya then!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all the Hunting.Net users and mentors!!!

G. I. Ginny

(BJ 2001 McKean county buck)

Old 12-19-2003, 10:29 PM

Default RE: Who's your mentor?

My dad!
Old 12-20-2003, 04:44 AM

My dad never hunted so when I was 12 (about 10,000 years ago) my older cousin took me under his wing and I've been hunting ever since. I haven't hunted with him in about 25 years now, so most of the stuff I know today (which is very little) was learned the hard way, on my own.

Consider yourself lucky that you found someone of like mind that is willing to go the extra mile for you Ginny. And thanks for the Christmas sentiment too. The best to you and yours, and everyone else on this forum. Jim
Old 12-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm Blushing! Thanks Ginny! I can't wait for the next hunt! Hopefully all your hard work that you've put in learning the ropes this season will pay off and you'll get your first bow kill! You deserve it.

As for all the others on the forum, Happy hunting and Merry Christmas!

However, all the Sneek Schneider's Hunting and Fishing team members are my mentors!
Old 12-20-2003, 10:14 PM

My dad, Jim.

Not only a terrific father but my best hunting partner.

Tyler
Old 12-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a two mentors. One mentor, my eyes. No one in my family hunts, so I read a lot about hunting, much of it done on this site. My other mentor is Pat_Ely, a moderator on this site.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:13 PM

God! I fail Him often but I keep trying to better myself each day so that I may mentor my son, Joe.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

My father.
Best teacher and hunting buddy. would sometimes even let me take the first shot...
Old 01-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

My dad!! Started me out hunting and fishing as soon as I was old enough. Was a very patient teacher in those early years! Taught me to value and honor the traditions and to do it with the highest degree of ethics. He is not just my dad but is still my best buddy.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:47 PM

I have a friend at work who lets me hunt on his land and actualy he's the one who has encouraged me to get into hunting. He is as I am a teacher. So he really knows how to explain things in ways anyone can understand. And he's pacient and takes the time to show me correct ways of doing things like dressing my 1st deer. Or choosing locations.

Quick Reply: Who's your mentor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.