Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's your mentor? >

Who's your mentor?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's your mentor?

Old 01-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who's your mentor?

Isn't this a bizzar post since I just posted on another post about {Ever lost the enthusiasm to hunt}

Yes my father is definetly my mentor he was a wonderful influence and a great outdoorsmen.

nubo
Old 01-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dad and grandpa

Gary and Paul Knox

Rest In Peace
Old 01-09-2004, 07:06 PM

Dad and Grandpas when they were alive. Now my father-in-law....
Old 01-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Absolutetly my father. He's always pumped me full of not only common sense advice but Godly advice as well.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:32 PM

My father. When we go hunting it doesn't matter what and how big it is, he always lets me shoot it. We went duck hunting. We needed a follow up shot. He let me take it. If we would run across a 12 point buck, he would let me take it.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:21 PM

My Dad is one of my mentors, he started me fishing and hunting and introduced me to the outdoors, he has explained many things through the years, what is good and what is not, he has taken me many places, for deer and all sorts of game!

And then my late Grandpa, he gave me my first BB Gun, he loved fishing, did not hunt much, but he did Rabbit Hunt, with my great uncle, he loved to fish for some good ole bass! I wish he was still here so I could fish with him more, but my dad will do!

And myself, I always try and tell myself not to give up, I shot a buck earlier this year and wounded it, making me feel horrible, because of the bad shot, it almost stopped me from hunting because I did not want to do it again, but I pursued my goal of harvesting a big buck, and did on Nov.13th! It was worth all the trouble I went through!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:24 PM

As far as bowhunting- I would have to say first and foremost it would have to be the folks who occupy this web site !
Second and not by the least whatsoever it would have to be 5shot. I met him on this site a few yrs back when I first took up bow hunting and then found out he only lives a couple hrs. away from me in Virginia- I live in West Virginia. After several trips over to see him , his wife Kim and his young son Matt over the past couple years I consider him a good friend and trust his advice- he has taught me quite a bit about setting up bows and archery in general.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:58 PM

My wife, she teaches me to pick up after myself and advises me to hand over my paychecks.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:41 AM

My Dad, he was the one who introduced me to the great outdoors, if it werent for him i doubt i would have ever been a bowhunter or let alone a hunter at all.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:54 AM

My dad LBH, just like I am for my son, Joe, who just turned 18 today. Had him late in life cause I was too busy hunting wild boar in Sardinia, Italy. Fact is, that's where my boy was born. It was a little mountain-top village in the hill country. Wow! What a day. I remember it like it was just yesterday.

Quick Reply: Who's your mentor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.