Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota

Old 12-19-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Minnesota

Need some info.

My brother is convinced we need to travel to Minnesota to deer hunt. Any Minnestoa folk out there that can point me to some good public land? We would like to bowhunt if that matters.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Minnesota

If you are going to come that far you might as well come to North Dakota, our season opens the last of August and runs till January. The state has opened up alot of the crp acres, alot of good deer were taken this year and will only get better. The crp land has signs for open hunting so you don't need permission.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:54 PM

crp acres? Is that private land the state and landowners agree to allow hunting? How do I find out more information on that?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:30 PM

Go to ND game and fish. They offered landowners a few dollars more per acre. lot of landowners took them up on the deal.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you need to go to Minnesota to Bowhunt?

You live in Michigan for god sake.. There are some BEAUTIFUL BUCKS shot in michigan...

I live in michigan...
Old 12-20-2003, 04:39 PM

MI_Bowhunter,

The best place for you to look into for bowhunting in S.E. Mn would be White water state park. It is open to the public and it is a very large tract of land and there are several booners taken out of there every year including a 200 class taken this year opening weekend of shotgun season. Sorry a I don't have the specifics on all of it but i'm sure you could get more info by searching the MN dnr website. Our season runs from the middle of sept. to Dec 31. and you don't even have to apply for a non resident tag, you can buy them over the counter for i believe it is around $140. Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 12-20-2003, 07:18 PM

There are litterally thousands of acres of public hunting here in MN, the best I can recommend going to the DNR website and getting there public hunting area map. But, the Camp Ripley bowhunt is a good place for a P&Y class deer. If you like to hunt big woods areas the northern half of the state is the place to go. If you like more woodlots and agriculture then the central and southern areas are the place. Good luck and have fun. Anymore ? just ask.