Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some help.

Old 12-20-2003, 05:52 PM

Default need some help.

i just bought my first bow and need to know a little about stabilizers and releases and what is a good ones? It is a pse stingray 32'' and 70 pound pull.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: need some help.

For a release I really like the hurricane glove by True fire. It is very smooth and it has a spring behind the jaws so that it closes on the string on its own and stays closed with out any effort from you. I highly reccomend this one. What ever release you choose I reccomend you choose one that attaches to your arm with some kind of strap so you don't drop it while you are attaching it to your string when that big buck shows himself.

For a stabilizer I use the tranquilizer by Golden Key Futura. It uses simms technology, is extremely light, and GKF will absolutly stand behind their products. Doinkier and Simms are good as well.
My method for choosing a stabilizer is to hold it by the threads and drop it on a hard surface like a cement floor and see if it bounces. The less bounce or just a thud and it falls over the better. I am sure that others have different methods. Some you can't do this though, like the vibracheck icon.