Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which camo?

Old 12-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which camo?

Its that time of year for me, season's over and I am in the mist of selling gear I don't want and deciding on new stuff.

One thing that I'm up in the air over is camo. I have used MO Break-up for years and I have to say, it isn't the greatest camo when you are 20 ft up a tree. I'm looking into something else. I am pretty sold on Predator camo. I like the fall grey and can't see how it can be beat for stand hunting, which is where I do 99% of my hunting.

I also wanted something very warm and rugged to last. So, I did a little research and found Grey Wolf Woolens. Wow! Nice stuff. I have always been fond of wool and this stuff comes in Predator! Pricey, yes, but the options you have available are excellent. The guy will pretty much tailor make you jacket and pants to your specs. He uses heavy, 27oz wool on everything and you can get the knees doubles, the butt doubled, extra pockets here, extra pockets there. Very impressed so far. I contacted him, and he's sending me a sample of wool.

Anyone else here use Grey Wolf?

My other option, is Sleeping Indian. There stuff is top notch and arguably the best clothing money can buy. I have a number of guys in our camp who use it and say they have never gotten cold in it.

What do you all think of camo choices?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:44 AM

Default RE: Which camo?

ASAT !!!

After bying t this year and the experiance I had with it - Ill never wear another camo = period.......

Search under ASAT and read the review I wrote/.....
Old 12-17-2003, 08:27 AM

I would get Natural Gear. I found out that the other patterns are good for bow hunting up close range only. At a distance they look like a dark blob. Natural gear looks good up close and from a distance.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:53 AM

Muzz,

I'm a little disapointed.....you need ASAT you dummy!

Designed in PA, by good 'ol PA boys, for good 'ol PA boys...and anyone else who buys it, .

Believe me, if you take the ASAT plunge, you won't regret it. I bought the 3D suit right before bow season and it was the only camo I wore for the entire fall. And I'll be wearing it after Christmas also.

I've also got some ASAT fleece ordered from Day One Camo, a custom garment maker from Colorado. They offer several different fabrics choices in the ASAT pattern, as well as the different Predator patterns. Check them out.

Day One

Tyler
Old 12-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have said it a million times ASAT is the best camo out there.

I have tried just about every other camo there is over the years and ASAT is all I will wear now.

All Season All Terrain thats what ASAT stands for and it has work in every situation I have been in From TX, Australia, New Zealand and Africa.

Also remember that ASAT is the only camo that has a 100% money back guarrantee that is good for 12 months from the date of purchase what else could you ask for.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you ASAT guys recommend the Leafy suit? I was planning on buying it from the ASAT webiste but after checking out the Day One website I might get something from there not sure yet though. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:16 AM

If you don't wan't break-up anymore i would look into advantage timber, i really like that camo and it blends in really good. Anyting realtree is going to be good.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

No offense MM88 but it sounds like you already have your mind made up and thus it would be somewhat pointless to suggest another pattern, fabric or manufacturer to consider.

On another note, I have heard a considerably large amount of good things about both the manufacturers you listed...as well as the camo pattern. The Bowsite regulars seem to be very fond of the choices you listed.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, guys, I should have known it was coming. My only complaint is that the either ASAT or Predator has much of a selection. I need something warm, quiet and doesn't add any bulk. My normal hunting day finds me crawling up a tree an hour or so before light and not coming down until well after dark. I sit all day and need something warm. I really fell in love with pull over style coats. I feel they are warmer and have less clutter on the chest area for things to catch on. ASAT and others don't offer me that.

I really like wool. Its comfy regardless, even if its not real cold. Of course I'll have to get something lighter for the first couple weeks of season as its hot. But no, I'm not in least bit impressed with what either has to offer for cold weather clothing.

This is the reason why I keep leaning toward either Grey Wolf Woolens, or Sleeping Indian for my next set.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:07 AM

Camo patterns are more for the hunter than for the deer. If you do your job right you can wear any camo pattern on the market and the deer aren't going to know you're there.

Quick Reply: Which camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.