Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the Best Climber? >

What is the Best Climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the Best Climber?

Old 12-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the Best Climber?

I have the Summit Cobra and I'm going to sale mine and buy a Lone Wolf. The Summit is comfortable enough but I hate the way it packs up. Also I think its a little loud. I think the rails are in the way if you try and shoot setting down and if you stand up the seat will not push back enough. Also the seat will soak up 10 gallons of water in a rain and takes forever to dry out. I just don't like it. The Summit I used last year had the paint come off so they replaced it. The one I have now has been used two times. No use in having a comfortable stand if you hate taking it hunting.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:14 AM

I could see what the majority was pointing to. Joe has a buddy with Viper xls, he's tried it, liked it but he made the final decision after trying another buddies Lonewolf. I figured that my utmost concern was safety and knew he could hunt safely in either. Came down to his is the fanny that"l be sitting in it for many hours and that was his call. When they get to be almost 18 I usually let him do the decision making after proper guidance. JMO but I think it helps them grow up at a steady pace. One or the other I'm confident he will be etching a couple of notches in it after thwakkin a few 100 gr. 3 blade Muzzies from it up there in them Adirondacks.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt that he will be happy with the Lone Wolf but was curious anyway.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

I really like my API Bowhunter as a matter of fact if anyone has one they are not using I would be interested in it.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I questions those calling for Summit to be superior over all others for use etc...I've used both Summit and Ol'man....I've sold the Summit and bought an extra Ol'man.....for all usage....Ol'man is superior.....which includes climbing, quietness, packing, carrying, etc....and when I hunted with Matt/PA using his Summit....I'll still choose the Ol'man....sorry Matt.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:16 PM

Thank you all i didnt think that this would be such a big thread
Old 12-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have the Summit Cobra and I'm going to sale mine and buy a Lone Wolf. The Summit is comfortable enough but I hate the way it packs up. Also I think its a little loud. I think the rails are in the way if you try and shoot setting down and if you stand up the seat will not push back enough. Also the seat will soak up 10 gallons of water in a rain and takes forever to dry out. I just don't like it. The Summit I used last year had the paint come off so they replaced it. The one I have now has been used two times. No use in having a comfortable stand if you hate taking it hunting.
Kybowhunter, you don't have the cobra if it's has a bar in thr front. the cobra is open at the front. and and far as the seat being soaked, you must have the foam cushion seat. the air cushion seat does not soak up water, and in my opinion is more confortable. the air seat pushes back plenty far. and as far as packing it in, they now make the bullet and the broadhead, and both fold flat.
not tryin to be argumenitive, just wanted to explain about the rail, and the seat.

And I can't beleive anybody would pick a lone wolf stand over a summit. their just as heavy, and heavier than some of the summits, and there's no way they can be as confortable as any of the summits. as a matter of fact they look very unconfortable[] again, I'm nottryin to be argumenitive, I'm just shocked.![]
Old 12-18-2003, 09:45 AM

I questions those calling for Summit to be superior over all others for use etc...
i did not feel at all safe in the ol man ! i felt like it was going down the tree at any second ! in the summit it feels more solid!! i'm more comfortable! i had the original summit and it was the same way! but the original weighted a ton! the lone wolf climber may be light but they don't look at all comfortable, and if i'm not comfortable i can't sit still! in the summit i can sit still for hours! the bottom line is , whatever you like best is the one your gonna swear by!in my case summit all the way! i trust it with my life!

Old 12-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Bogobble, with all due respect, I know what Kybowhunter is talking about. I had a brand new Summit Cobra XLS that I ordered from a nearby sporting goods store, and got it for the same price as I could have a Bushmaster. I tried it, really liked it but debated hard whether to keep it or not. Three things made me sell it on Ebay:

(1) It was noisey hooking up and climbing with.
(2) Shooting from a sitting position was going to be a little difficult with the siderails/armrests
(3) I drove 60 miles to a dealer who sells Lone Wolf and the dealer showed me one and let me try it out.

Lone Wolf is the quietest climber on the market. I am also in my stand to hunt..not sleep!

This was enough to convince me the Lone Wolf was what I wanted in a climbing stand. After 10 years in a Loggy Bayou, trying out an Ol Man Vision, buying and selling a new Summit Cobra XLS, I am more than happy with my Lone Wolf.....because it fit me. Bottom line is, picking a stand is like picking a bow........different strokes for different folks!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

1) It was noisey hooking up and climbing with.
(2) Shooting from a sitting position was going to be a little difficult with the siderails/armrests
Cougar, I agree the summit is a little noisy hookin up, but I don't agree that it's noisy climbin with. you just have to tilt the platform where it won't drag the tree goin up. and as far as the arm rest in the way when shootin, I can tell you for a fact, their not. I've shot many deer from a sittin position and the arm rest were not a problem in the least. if the seat is adjusted where your not sittin real low, you won't have a problem.
but, I'm glad your happy with your lonewolfe, I guess the reason I couldn't understand why anyone would pick the lonewolf over the summit, is because comfort and light weight is a Biggie for me, because of my back problem. I hardly ever use my climber anymore because of my back. but your right- different strokes for different folks.

Quick Reply: What is the Best Climber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.