Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you learned?? >

What have you learned??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you learned??

Old 12-13-2003, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you learned??

I realized that Rack-attack is the greatest whitetail hunter in the world!

I can't narrow it down to one single thing, or even a single category. But I have learned some new ideas, techniques, etc. that I've added to my 20+ years experience. You can learn something new from most everyone.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:12 AM

I've been hunting for over thirty years,and it's just great to learn something new.It could be a different tactic,approach,or opinion.But for the love of the outdoors that we all share,has to be the greatest reward I recieve from all the guys and gals on this site.Thanks again,and Happy Holidays to all!...Bob
Old 12-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've learned that this is the best site around! and to stay put in the field .I thought the weather was bad and went for a walk last night and when I came back a nice buck was 15yrd's in front of my ground blind. Needless to say he spotted me and was gone . Another thing is that deer will move in all kind's of weather so don't let the weather be a factor to wether you go out or not ,just get out there. You can't fill the freezer sitting by the fireplace.

nubo
Old 12-13-2003, 07:25 PM

I learned not to start a subject that Arthur does not agree with... because he's going to write a novel of a response and Ill be up all night reading his posts... Just kiddin Arthur....

I have learned that basically we all share a lot of the things that I have sat and thought about while hunting..... a passion that is bowhunting...... as well as a lot of the same experiances such as missed opportunities, mistakes we make, etc.... and it always helps to read those things on here and realize that we all hunt the elusive whitetail, and a deer is a deer wether its in Texas or Illinois... its tough everywhere..... thats what I have learned/

The best thing I learned as a direct result here - ASAT Camo is awesome...... Thats something I may have never seen had I not been on this site

Thanks guys......
Old 12-13-2003, 07:37 PM

I've learned so many things here that I could write a book!
I would say the most useful information is to be as scent-free as possible and as still as possible. And... that no matter what you think you have learned about whitetail they will prove you haven't learned anything at all!
Old 12-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

What wimp said.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I realized that Rack-attack is the greatest whitetail hunter in the world!

I can't narrow it down to one single thing, or even a single category. But I have learned some new ideas, techniques, etc. that I've added to my 20+ years experience. You can learn something new from most everyone.
Dave said it all

This is a great site with some great folks. If you come with an open mind, you can always pick up a tip here and there. Keep up the good work folks
Old 12-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Been bowhunting since 1977 and I have learned that............I am still learning!