Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Hunters? >

Minnesota Hunters?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Hunters?

Old 12-07-2003, 12:21 AM

Default RE: Minnesota Hunters?

I was seeing deer all the time on my prop. then during gun season it was like a ghost town then the last night they started to reappear. what i have seen so far is that I'm finding alot of fresh rubs and alot of heavy use of the main trails again. It was a repeat of the same thing last year. I don't know if that is considered the second rut. but it seems that they are finally in the peak of the rut here where I hunt.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 12-07-2003, 10:38 AM

Hey guys,

I also hunt in the s.e. corner about 20 miles from BigDaddy. I went out last night and saw 10 deer. None of them would come to the woods. I think all of the deer that i saw were being pushed by the guys out muzzleloading. They all came out of a thick creek bottom and i hunt across the road in a woodline about 500 yards long and about 50 yards wide they wouldn't come within 200 yards of the woodline i'm hunting in they all layed down out in the middle of a chisle plowed field.

p.s. have any of you guys seen any rutting activity. It just snowed here thursday night and yesterday while going to my stand i found a bunch of fresh rubs, the bark shavings were on top of the snow, and a couple scrapes were being worked again. Last thursday night i saw a pig chasing a doe.

Tom
Old 12-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, just thought that I would come back and let you know how my day in the field went. Well, I went into the more thicker stuff today and I did see 8 does. I had a nice doe come in to about 50 yards, but she wouldnt come any closer, and I dont feel comfortable shooting that far. Besides, she came straight in and then turned and walked straight out, not much of a shot.
Hey stickslingingtom, at least you got to get out some this weekend. Hope you are rested up for all our hours this week at work.See you tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:25 PM

Hey slick trying to be sarcastic? If you are then try to pull that head of yours out of your a@@ and stick it in the pig's a@@. and try to keep a open mind. I was just trying to say what was going on, on my property. Just because things might be diff. down south dosen't mean its the same. IMO get rid of that SOUTHERN MN. attitude and come down to reality. [:'(]
Old 12-07-2003, 09:48 PM

hey huntinMN,
i'm up here in the emily/outing area, right up by the border of crow wing and cass.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:32 PM

btpatriot02,

I don't know what i said to get you all flustered. When i said pig i meant a big buck and i guess i really never knew that there was such a thing as a southern Mn attitude. I didn't mean to get any body pissed, i'm here for the same reason everybody else is, to learn more from other hunters and to help others out if i can. The one thing i really don't understand is why you got so mad from reading my post the wrong way. Now if i were really being a cock about it, i could understand the attitude. The only thing i can really think to say is i'm sorry you took it the wrong way, but before you bite somebodys head off again make sure they are deliberatley being a dink before you do so.

Tom
Old 12-09-2003, 10:51 PM

Slick I'm the one to be sorry. I took what you said as sarcastic because I made a post about all the fresh rubs right after the gun season.and then the next post was yours and you said has anybody seen any rubs and you seen a "pig" I thought you meant a real one. My thinking was that you read my post and was being sarcastic about it because how could that be that's impossible because the rut is supposedly over. Like the "boss " says I don't think before I speak. and what I meant about the attitude is that I have lived in Mn. my whole life and half of that was southern Mn. and I knew quite alot of people who thought that the northern people were a bunch of dumb hicks. I took that very personally because I'm org. from the northern part and have family that still live up here. Again I'm man enough to say that I was wrong!!. But where I'm living I don't get the peak rut well after what is the norm for MN. meaning they say the peak is the sec. week of NOV.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)