Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Deer from Dec 5 >

My Deer from Dec 5

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Deer from Dec 5

Old 12-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default My Deer from Dec 5

I had heard about the snow coming and knew that the weekend would most likely be a wash so I headed out into the woods early Friday morning. I got into the stand pretty early and was all set up when light came. A couple minutes after 7 I heard something coming on a trail from the west and looked and here comes a real nice deer. The trail in about 15 yards away and I am praying that he stays on course. he stops about 10 yards from the shooting lane and looks around and then starts walking again. He goes behing a couple of trees and I draw and when he gets into the shooting lane I grunt with my mouth and he stops and I shoot. I see the arrow hit him high and he takes off running. As he is running away I can see blood running out of the hole like someone turned on a fawcett. He runs over a small hill and I lose sight of him but with the way he was bleeding I knew that I had him. I was so excited that I immediately got out of the tree so I didn't fall out and started tracking figuring I might be able to see him just over the hill or if not I would back out and wait. Well I got to the top of the hill and I see the white belly hair about 30 yards down in the woods. he had only gone about 80 yards before dropping. He has a 21 inch inside spread. He is alittle busted up but I thing he will gross in the 140's. Doesn't really matter. he is a mature beautiful deer and I am very happy to have had the chance to harvest him.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Deer from Dec 5

congrats nice lookin deer
Old 12-06-2003, 07:19 PM

Congrats Bob!!!

The pic is way small hard to see - but he looks real wide and BIG!!!!!

Tried to see him at the shop but the damn Snow[:'(]

Congrats again - can you get a bigger picture up?
Old 12-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't see the picture but he sounds impressive. Great job on a late season buck.

Brian
Old 12-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking deer congrats
Old 12-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

hey rack how do I make it bigger? I tried to put in a bigger one and it won't let me says the file is to big.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

go somewhere in between the sizes. I've put on some pretty big pictures before and never gotten the error... wait, I never attached them before. You should look for a free upload picture site and then just use the thing for the location.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Rack called me earlier and I emailed him my pictures and he will be posting them later. In the meantime I am going to get a host site so I will be able to send them myslef. Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

I think there is something out there that a lot of folks on this board used. I can't remember the name, it's like www.myfishingpictures.com or something like that...
Old 12-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer

Quick Reply: My Deer from Dec 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.