HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Deer from Dec 5
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 06:51 PM
shedhead
Fork Horn

Default My Deer from Dec 5

I had heard about the snow coming and knew that the weekend would most likely be a wash so I headed out into the woods early Friday morning. I got into the stand pretty early and was all set up when light came. A couple minutes after 7 I heard something coming on a trail from the west and looked and here comes a real nice deer. The trail in about 15 yards away and I am praying that he stays on course. he stops about 10 yards from the shooting lane and looks around and then starts walking again. He goes behing a couple of trees and I draw and when he gets into the shooting lane I grunt with my mouth and he stops and I shoot. I see the arrow hit him high and he takes off running. As he is running away I can see blood running out of the hole like someone turned on a fawcett. He runs over a small hill and I lose sight of him but with the way he was bleeding I knew that I had him. I was so excited that I immediately got out of the tree so I didn't fall out and started tracking figuring I might be able to see him just over the hill or if not I would back out and wait. Well I got to the top of the hill and I see the white belly hair about 30 yards down in the woods. he had only gone about 80 yards before dropping. He has a 21 inch inside spread. He is alittle busted up but I thing he will gross in the 140's. Doesn't really matter. he is a mature beautiful deer and I am very happy to have had the chance to harvest him.