Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 all bowhunters that wear glasses >

all bowhunters that wear glasses

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all bowhunters that wear glasses

Old 12-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: all bowhunters that wear glasses

Cougar, it tells how often glasses need to be treated, and how many applications you get with the 30 ml bottle, but I can't remember.
check the website- fogtech.com

never tried the laski stuff, but can you pull a thick neck gaitor up over your nose and your glasses still not fog up? I've put this stuff to the test, I know how good it works. try it guys, and let me know if it works as good for you as it does for me. don't forget, you get a free packet of 5 on your 2nd order. they'll send you an e-mail tellin all about it.

BTW- where can you get this Laski stuff? I'd like to try it myself and compare.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:18 AM

Hey y'all,
I am contemplating lasik this summer but have my doubts. I too am cursed with glasses that fog up all too ofter when hunting. Is lasik worth it?
Old 12-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Spike

Lasik is 100% worth it. One eye was something like 20/60, the other was more like 20/400 or worse. I went in for the surgery after work on a Thursday, wife drove me home, I was really uncomfortable for a day or so. Took off work Friday. Pretty sore. When it was all said and done, I have 20/15 vision in both eyes. My only problem at ALL is that my right eye does get a little blurry in low light, but it is still much better than glasses or contacts. My left eye is great all the time, and the right one doesn't get any worse than wearing a contact that needs cleaned when it's low light. If I had it to do all over again, I would in a SECOND. Also, my work offers me a medical savings account... I got a price quoted in late November, applied for the MSA and had it taken out of my pay over the next year pre-tax, so it saved me even more. This was about 3 years ago and it's great not having to worry about glasses or contacts.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lasik definitely is worth every penny. I paid $2000. Almost 2 years ago.

It's actually made being in the woods more enjoyable. You get the whole woods, crystal clear. Besides hunting in the rain or snow used to be such a hassle with glasses.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:54 PM

I can't wait to be able to afford Lasik. I wear glasses and contacts, but I've found I can't wear my contacts when I'm hunting, For whatever reason, it takes me too long to focus if I shift from looking at something close to something far, which is constantly, when you're hunting out west here. I don't like bow hunting with my glasses because of the fog, glare, etc. Within a year I'll have it done, and it's gonna be great!
Old 12-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Good golly, I thought you guys were talkin about an anti fogger.[:'(]
that surgery wouldn't do me a bit of good, I have already had my right
lens taken out and a lens emplant because of a weldin accident.
besides, even if i could have the surgery, I couldn't afford it.
I doubt many people can, unless they have real good insurance.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in my neck of the woods a local optomitrist ran a special on the lasik surgery where you could get both eyes fixed for $1300. They even offered a payment plan with low interest or a 90 days same as cash plan. I took full advantage of this and have been amazed at the outcome of the surgery. I now have 20/15 vision for the first time in 20 years. Anyone who is thinking of having it done should definatly do it in my opinion. You won't be sorry that you did. If you don't think you can afford the lump sum payment then check into the payment plan. It's most definatly worth it.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:46 PM

Disposable contacts for me when hunting, no worries with fog or rain. I just never could shoot my bow very well with glasses. Hoping to get the Lasik in a year or so.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:04 PM

Bowhunters, we make FogTech and we do ship to Canada. To answer the question about how often to put it on--FogTech should last for several days if you don't wash or clean your lenses and you don't touch them too much. It does come off with water, so you need to reapply whenever you clean your lenses or if they become smeared, dirty, etc.

I haven't done this for a while, but I would like some more testers who use my product on glasses. I would especially like testers who are experiencing low temperatures (below -20 F) If you would like a free sample packet of FogTech just send me your name and address on an email to [email protected] In two weeks, I will email you a questionnaire about how it performed. This helps me improve the product and to define any limits. I will not use your information for any other reason.

Thanks for the review bowgobble, can I use this on my website?
Old 12-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

My info has been emailed.

Thanks

Quick Reply: all bowhunters that wear glasses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.