Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Some people just don' t care !!! >

Some people just don' t care !!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some people just don' t care !!!

Old 11-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some people just don' t care !!!

I hunt alot at my parents house. Well, actually it is on their neighbors property. We have hunted there for 20 years now and have seldom had an issue with other hunters because it is private land. Well, this year their neighbors have allowed another person to hunt there as well. OK, I figured no big deal, there is about 45 acres which is plenty for 2 people. We always hunt a funnel between 2 large patches of woods where deer regularly travel and have always had success there in the past, so this year we figured should be no different. We set up our permenatnt stand there and waited for opening day. Well it didn' t take long to find out where the " new" guy was hunting. 20 yards from our stand!! He knew we harvested deer there the year before so I guess he figured if he would hunt in our hip pocket then he would get a shot too. Now I don' t know what the heck to do. Our neighbors aren' t going to do anything and we can' t tell him to leave because it' s not our property. I think the next time he shows up my two brothers, my father and I are all going to take our tree stands over and surround him about 5 yards away and hunt. He should get the idea then. What a $%#@$ jerk!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Some people just don' t care !!!

bearklr

you may just shoot yourself in the foot, it may be a relative of the neighbors, you may find yourself on the outside looking in. i think i would have to talk it over with this fellow to come to some kind of agreement. i have almost the same situation, we talked it over and now share each others stand and call each other on hunting days, it worked out a lot better than i ever expected. just my 2 cents worth
Old 11-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Doanld Fry. I' ve been in the exact situation and your first instinct is to do what you said and make his life miserable. But believe me that' s not the road to go. I' ve been through 2 hunting seasons with another party like that and it is no fun for anybody. We finally came to a resolution and now hunt together and share stands and information and it is 100 times better that way.
I know it seems like you' ve been invaded after hunting that land so long, but you have to remember he has the same exact permission you do to be there. Even if he is a dork for setting up all over you like he did, I would recommend a peaceful resolution.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is no relative, it is a guy who used to work for my neighbor. We alreday tried talking to him and he just doesn' t give a $@%!. Our neighbors have known us much longer then they have known him. They have given us posted signs to post on their land and have allowed us to monitor those people that do attempt to hunt on their land. This is the only other guy with permission. We asked him if he could hunt a little further away from us seeing as we were in that funnel for the past 10 years. He just said Oh well. Also we are beside each other and not in front of or behind one another so in reality we could both shoot at the same deer at the same time. Believe me, the funnel is deffinately only big enough for one guy.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:56 AM

This guy does sound like a real #@@. But he is good friends with the land owner, so I wouldn' t mess with him either. You are going have to talk with him, but that doesn' t seem like it is going to work. I would visit the land owner and see whats up. Tell him that this guy is hunting RIGHT next to you, and is being a jerk about it.

Are the deer heading in the same direction? You may end up moving. Set up before him. Or shoot the deer before him, but that could turn bad. How often does he hunt? How much are you in there? Where does your brothers and dad hunt? Depending on the land, 45 acres may be a little small for 5 guys, but I have seen a lot more hunters in less area.

Good luck.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:49 AM

well if he is that kind of guy that won' t listen to reason, THEN i would wait until he is in his stand, then i would go to mine, not to hunt but to be a pain, i would make as much noise as i could, get into your stand, wait a short time and leave the same way i came, i would even stop and talk to him, i would even tell him you will be back that afternoon, then i would go to another stand somewhere else, if it happened to me i would be moving in short order.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

bearklr, what state is this happening in?
Old 11-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

do i sense a hunter harrasement suggestion??