HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some people just don' t care !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 06:29 AM
bearklr
Nontypical Buck

Default Some people just don' t care !!!

I hunt alot at my parents house. Well, actually it is on their neighbors property. We have hunted there for 20 years now and have seldom had an issue with other hunters because it is private land. Well, this year their neighbors have allowed another person to hunt there as well. OK, I figured no big deal, there is about 45 acres which is plenty for 2 people. We always hunt a funnel between 2 large patches of woods where deer regularly travel and have always had success there in the past, so this year we figured should be no different. We set up our permenatnt stand there and waited for opening day. Well it didn' t take long to find out where the " new" guy was hunting. 20 yards from our stand!! He knew we harvested deer there the year before so I guess he figured if he would hunt in our hip pocket then he would get a shot too. Now I don' t know what the heck to do. Our neighbors aren' t going to do anything and we can' t tell him to leave because it' s not our property. I think the next time he shows up my two brothers, my father and I are all going to take our tree stands over and surround him about 5 yards away and hunt. He should get the idea then. What a $%#@$ jerk!!!