Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night? >

Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

Old 11-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

Shot a buck one year, watched him drop not 40 yards. Waited til dark, went and gutted him (Yeah, left the guts right there in the woods too!), and then freaked out. I realized that I was in the northern woods when the yotes went off and the bobcats started screaming. I will admit, I was freaked out - hair standing on end and all that. What made me think of this is tonight I took my 10 year old son out in the woods with me in the dark and asked him if he was afraid of being in the woods at night. Of course, he said no. How many of you will admit that you' ve been freaked out a bit in the woods at night by yourself? Dragging a dead deer, wolves, bears, bigfoot, who knows. Stories seem big on this board lately, so let' s hear em.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

Oh ya I will be the first to admit it. I hate going out in the sticks at night. Always have and have been doing it for years. Usually when I am going into my spot before sun up. I am fine If I stay focused on what I am doing but it always gets me when I start thinking about cougar and bears. Cougars mostly cause those dang cats are SNEAKY. And the real scary thing is I have only gotten a glimse of one in like 12 years of hunting but I know that they are out there. I have seen sign of them too. One time I was heading to my stand and it was real dark that morning (overcast and all) And I must have walked up within like 10 yards of some mule deer. He sounded as scared as me but when he snorted then thumped thumped thumped away I thought I had pissed myself.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:14 PM

Oh and the mule deer that I refered to as he Well I have no clue as to what it was just knew it was a deer.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:17 PM

why y' all scared for, nothing is going to bother you.i go coon hunting all the time and i don' t get scared.yotes won' t attack has long as you got a knife you will be alright.my buddy says all the time what is that i heard over their i heard. i siad just shut up.it is nothing maybe a skunk or something.i ain' t scared.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

[]BOO! Yep, me too, freaked out in the dark.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was freaked out one time by a bear. I think he was more scared than I was. LOL
Old 11-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love being in the woods at night.
Just about every time I go to the lease I spend at least 1 night alone in the tent no fire no camp lights its just perfect.

There is nothing like the peace of the woods at night with the crickets chirping and the frogs croaking I sleep like a baby.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:07 PM

If someone else is with me, no problems. Sometimes i get freaked out, but its mostly where im at. A couple places i go to it doesnt bother me a bit, but theres this one place in southeastern Oklahoma that just freaks me out like none other, and thats even during the day, 100 times worse at night!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

ok, well, just this one time, this was a several years ago now, I was at this summer camp up by Brainerd MN with my church youth group, helping get the camp ready for the summer, anyway, one night just past 12:00 I believe, I and a couple of my friends were walking though the woods, there was a small path that ran through a certain section of the woods for maybe a half to three quarters of a mile to another part of the camp, where we were headed to get some firewood, now the camp was completely deserted except by our small group, the rest of whom were still back at the cabins behind us. it was pitch black outside, it was an overcast night, and we brought no flashlights, we could see just well enough to keep our footing, when we were probably about halfway there, suddenly there came a volley of deafening whooping and howling noises all around us, it was so loud we couldn' t hardly hear each other, though I guess we really weren' t saying much anyway...but it was all around us, and it wasn' t on the ground either from what we could tell it was coming from the trees above us, it lasted for only about a minute I think, it seemed longer at the time, but as suddenly as it started, it ended, and there was complete silence, not a sound in the woods, no wind rustling the leaves no little critters moving around on the ground. no nothing' , so we were freaked out pretty badly by that, we kept going though, and got our wood and cautiously came back along the same path, when we got there we found the rest of our group still hanging around the cabins, appearing to have never left, and we took aside another of our friends who stayed behind, and asked him if the whole thing was some kind of a prank..but he swore he knew nothing about it and no one had left the cabins since we did, so becasue of what he said and for several other reasons, we know it wasn' t a prank, the next night we were a little weary of going into the woods, but we ended up going anyway, for the same reason, and this time without incident...but that was really the only time I was a little scared to go into the woods at night...but I think it was for good reason..all the rest of you are just a bunch of scared little children!!!
Old 11-21-2003, 06:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.