HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Osprey
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anybody admit they' ve been afraid in the woods at night?

ok, well, just this one time, this was a several years ago now, I was at this summer camp up by Brainerd MN with my church youth group, helping get the camp ready for the summer, anyway, one night just past 12:00 I believe, I and a couple of my friends were walking though the woods, there was a small path that ran through a certain section of the woods for maybe a half to three quarters of a mile to another part of the camp, where we were headed to get some firewood, now the camp was completely deserted except by our small group, the rest of whom were still back at the cabins behind us. it was pitch black outside, it was an overcast night, and we brought no flashlights, we could see just well enough to keep our footing, when we were probably about halfway there, suddenly there came a volley of deafening whooping and howling noises all around us, it was so loud we couldn' t hardly hear each other, though I guess we really weren' t saying much anyway...but it was all around us, and it wasn' t on the ground either from what we could tell it was coming from the trees above us, it lasted for only about a minute I think, it seemed longer at the time, but as suddenly as it started, it ended, and there was complete silence, not a sound in the woods, no wind rustling the leaves no little critters moving around on the ground. no nothing' , so we were freaked out pretty badly by that, we kept going though, and got our wood and cautiously came back along the same path, when we got there we found the rest of our group still hanging around the cabins, appearing to have never left, and we took aside another of our friends who stayed behind, and asked him if the whole thing was some kind of a prank..but he swore he knew nothing about it and no one had left the cabins since we did, so becasue of what he said and for several other reasons, we know it wasn' t a prank, the next night we were a little weary of going into the woods, but we ended up going anyway, for the same reason, and this time without incident...but that was really the only time I was a little scared to go into the woods at night...but I think it was for good reason..all the rest of you are just a bunch of scared little children!!!