Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or... >

Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Some of these recent posts about game wardens got me thinking: Has anyone ever seen a game warden out in the woods walking around? Like, after they were already set up in their treestands?

I would think most of the conservation agents would be more prone to just waiting at people' s cars to check them, rather than messing up someone' s hunting by wandering around in the woods.

Just curious.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2003, 12:28 PM

Default RE: Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

saw two of them enter park property, looking for a man hunting on park land.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:28 PM

I had one come up to me while hunting woodchucks. And I have seen them driving down well roads from my stand, but never walking in the woods.

It seems to me that they drive around, and will come investigate if someone calls them. I have run into a few because of my neighbors calling, but I wasn' t doing anything wrong, but I am glad that my neighbors are keeping an eye on things.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:30 PM

I' ve only been checked while hunting small game when I was a teenager ....... other than that, just checkpoints along roads ...........
Old 11-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never in 24 years. (While hunting, fishing now, well let' s not go there)
Old 11-19-2003, 01:12 PM

way back in the good ol days i ran into a couple becasue the people i was with wernt very descret about how they were breaking the law. trout fishing one stopped to tell me i couldnt cast on the one side of a cable that ran overhead, it was a " fly fishing only" zone. and then opening day of arch this season i saw one parked on the side of the road. ive never seen one within 10 yards from the edge of the treeline going ino the woods. i honestly dont think they would have any reason to just go in and police the woods.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:15 PM

I' ve only seen a warden in the woods once and that was when I was fishing. A couple of the lakes/ponds I fish are artificial baits only and the wardens tend to frequent them a lot. They are generally plesant. The only times I' ve seen them while hunting was once after a guy hunting near me shot a calf(moose) and turned himself in. There were wardens everywhere that day. The other time i was leaving the woods with two friends just at dark and while we where walking across a cut cornfied the warden pulled in and asked to see our tags and checked to make sure we were unloaded as it was after dark. I' ve had nothing but positive contacts with wardens. They usually come across as a tough guy at first but I probably would too knowing that everyone you have contact with is more than likely carring a gun.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:34 PM

The warden that use to be in our area, would mostly wait by the vehicles. New one this year wanted to where everyone was hunting and he proceeded to searching the woods. Guess he was trying to make a statement.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:50 PM

As far as having a warden stop me and check tag/license, that' s happened to me almost every trip (we camp the same place every year and they know where). One time while dove hunting some citrus groves, there was a G&F officer that I guess thought he was being discreet (wore a jacket over his G&F uniform, when it was 90+ outside). Well he was carrying a SLUG gun, and actually acted like he was firing at dove and occasionally fired a slug into the groves. He came damn near hittin my bro-in-law' s dad with one of ' em. That' s the only BAD incident I' ve ever had, though.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.