Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or... >

Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Old 11-19-2003, 01:53 PM

Default RE: Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

The only one I have ran into was coming through the woods to check us out. We met him on the trail. Nice guy though.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don' t normally see them deer hunting, but have been stopped in the woods and parking lot while pheasant hunting. The Wife and I were stoped just last week 3/4 of a mile from the road before shooting time. He just wanted to make sure our guns were plugged and unloaded and made sure we had pheasant stamps. 99 percent of the time they' re polite, there just doing their job, and a tough one at that.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:54 PM

A few years back I got out of the truck with my brother and two dogs when we were " accosted" by two Conservation Officers. They confiscated our 12 gauges and started giving us the twice over. We had to get our game books out and prove to them that that day was actually the opener for dove season. All this occurred on state game lands and, believe it or not, we didn' t even get an apology.

Oh, both those guys were old and considerably overweight with an attitude. They assumed we were guilty of something and were gonna " get us."

I' ve met others at my vehicle that we very nice and were always willing to provide information on the local deer herds. Some are good, but you will run into that jacka$$ every now and then.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Sure, I' ve seen them in NY waiting for people to come out at night. Sometimes they' re obvious... while other times they jump out of the bushes to see if you unloaded your gun before you step into the road right of way. Not often, but a few times. They check tags, licenses, guns etc. Forest Rangers do it to. We had one stop this spring at our campsite and check our fire pit, crapper hole, camping permits and licenses. Over the years we had a couple jerks... well really one jerk.. but for the most part they' re just doing their job. In Maryland I' ve seen them in the woods but always the results of a reported poacher. I' ve also seen them walk over to someone visible in the woods and write him a ticket for not wearing orange in Maryland. Personnally I wouldn' t want them messing up my hunt by coming back into the woods looking for people. They' re road dwellers for the most part.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:40 PM

Never seen them in the woods in 13 years of hunting. I think they are afraid of getting shot!

Ice fishing I will usually see them once a year. Sorry to say I don' t have much respect for the wardens in MN seems like they usually assume guilt until proven innocent and they have a hell of a time using their heads for common sense.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Had one walk right up to my stand earlier this year, spooked a nice 8 point that was working toward my stand. Made me get down and checked myu license and had to walk back to his truck to do that. While talking to him found out he had been on the property enough that he knew where most of my standxs where. This was on private property to.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last season I had one under my stand talking to me. He was just checking me out because I was hunting in the same area for 12 days straight. I think he thought I was up to no good! But now When I see him he always says Hi! Nice fella!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:18 PM

yes mq1 i had one set up on me and watch me for two hours till i shot a deer and gave a 600 dollar ticket . But It was my fualt i was gun hunting . But we were trying to kill some does out
Old 11-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Twice. Once while goose hunting, actually twice while goose hunting. He lived around the corner and on his way home he saw our decoy spread and walked about half a mile across the field to check us out right at about an hour before sunset, the incident while goose hunting was from the Feds walking from one field to the next just checking everyone out. We watched them with binocs the whole while, if we were doing anything wrong had plenty of time to correct it or just vacate for that matter. The third incident I was bowhunting private property of of a powerline right of way. He saw my truck from the road and came in the woods looking for me, walked within 20 yrds of the tree I was in, I just let him go by but when I came out at dark he was a waiting for me. Nothing was wrong and had a permission slip. When I told him I saw him in the woods and if he was a buck he' d be in the back of my truck. He didn' t like that and asked why I didn' t call out to him. I forget what my answer was. He left by telling me good luck and will reconize the truck so he won' t come in again.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:57 PM

Twice while hunting pheasant in stocked areas. One was driving a loggin road and one was at the point where everyone parks. Nice guys. I would be shocked to ever see a warden where I deer hunt since it is private land.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever seen a game warden in the woods, or...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.