Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question...

Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 PM

Default question...

My dh and I are wondering what a good bow for me would be. I am female (I' ve already posted an intro), and we have questimated my draw to be 25-27" , and I can barely pull my dh' s which has a 75 pound pull. What is a good pull weight for me, and brand? Also, is adjusting the draw length easy? We' ve been looking on eBay, and there are quite a few. Some say " set" draw length. Does that mean it can' t be changed? I need to learn the lingo. Hanging around here I' m sure I will, lol. Tia!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:06 PM

Default RE: question...

go to browning.com and look at their bows.i beleive they have a bow called lady impulse check it out.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:08 PM

thank you!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 PM

75 lbs and a chick holy crap if i ever get in a fight i want this chick to be on my side [:-] whats DH MEAN??????
Old 11-18-2003, 09:12 PM

Did I mention that I' m Xena' s big sister? NOT!!! Roflmao! My dh' s (darling husband) has a 75 pound pull...I can barely move the darn thing. But thanks for the ego boost, lol!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The best thing I can suggest to you is to go to a good Pro Shop and get your draw lenght measured and test shoot as many bows as you can.

Cause what might feel right to me is more than likely not going to feel right for you.

Some bows you have to change the cam to get your draw length some have a module for different lengths and some have a range of adjustments within the cam.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:15 PM

i looked on browning.com they must have done away with that bow..they have the rage and other bows thaT WILL FIT YOU GOOD.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:52 PM

I' m trying to find my wife a bow also. I' m looking at the browning micro midas......a 25-45 lb draw weight to start her out. My bow is set at 53lbs and she can' t budge it. We are going to the new Bass Pro shop this weekend and get her measured and maybe test shoot a bow, if they have one that she can pull.
Good Luck
Old 11-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

First let me say welcome as I havent before and you have asked the right questions at the right place. All the bow companies have a bow that will fit you and the right advice has been given if at all possible go to a pro shop and get the right draw lenght you also need a bow that you can handle if it is too much you will not only not shoot well but will not enjoy it.
As for ebay I but and sell there all the time in fact just sold 3 bows there but you never know what you are getting and guessestaminating your draw isnt good enough.
I personally shoot a Darton and have for years and know they make a great Womans bow and I just bought my grandson a Martin it has a 4 inch draw range and 40 to 50 lb which is plenty for whitetail I bought this bow due to the fact he had already outgrown 2 and I feel this will last hin until he is grown.
Do not overbow yourself get the right bow and you will love it
I hope this helps a little
Old 11-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brothers wife is shooting a Parker Challenger. She really likes it and recommends it to her friends. One of the other women at the local range recommended it.

Quick Reply: question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.