Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question...

Old 11-19-2003, 07:27 AM

Default RE: question...

The fellas are right go get measured by a pro shop. I shoot a Bowtech Extreme Short Draw at 50 lb. My draw length is 23 1/2 in. Yeah I am a real short lady(4' 11" ). I love my bow but I am sure there a more out there that would fit you. I chose this one because I needed that draw and wanted the 50 lb pull. I couldn' t find that in a lot of other shorter draw bows.
Welcome to the great world of bowhunting.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:43 AM

Default RE: question...

There are a lot of nails being hit on the head here. I would definately go to a pro-shop and get your actual draw length.

As far as the poundage goes, start light and work up. It doesn' t take that long to build the muscle groups. The idea is not to jump in too deep too quick and get injured. I was just reading an article about the author' s daughter taking her first whitetail with a 30lb pull. It doesn' t take a lot of force if you hit them in the right spot!

Good luck and welcome aboard!!!