Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If You Were A Game Warden, Would You..... >

If You Were A Game Warden, Would You.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If You Were A Game Warden, Would You.....

Old 11-19-2003, 05:52 PM

Default RE: If You Were A Game Warden, Would You.....

yea but why not kill it legally like everyone else has to if he wants to feed his family he should get off his ass and find a job
Old 11-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read the post dude, the guy had a full time job. Yeah, he should have bought licenses like all us other perfect law-abiding hunters though. I like how eastwood put it about speeding - ever been late for the hunt and pushed the speed limit a bit?

One way to look at this too is some COs, like some cops abuse the power. That isn' t right either. Another reason I didn' t pursue being a CO. I knew a guy that got a $150 ticket for taking a whiz in the woods after the hunt - public exposure. Here in MI the DNR has more power than any cop - they don' t even need a search warrant to enter a house. Can take your truck, gun, dog, everything. This power goes to their head.

Ok, sorry. I' m done.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 PM

Being from Michigan as well...

Firearm license is $14. Come on now. roughly 80# of meat for $14?
I got a combo license(2deer) an antlerless for Private and a small game license for $32 out the door, over the counter and could get an additional antlerless tag a DAY (untill quotas run out which is almost NEVER here) for 10 days in a row for $7 a piece.

If a guy can' t afford $7 for a doe than he can' t afford shells, cartridges or arrows either.

I would never want to be a CO though...I' d much rather not have to make the call and be high and mighty.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i' d warn him first, then i' d bust his butt......there is a season for everything, if no season, GO FISHING..............or better yet, get a job.....i' ve tried to have sympathy on this subject, but i just seem to be too much of a realist i guess to excuse someone for poaching.......there' s always a way to legally feed your family....
Old 11-20-2003, 05:09 AM

I would kick my own butt for being a total butthead like 99% of game wardens are.
I have noticed a certain " attitude" and general abuse of power from these guys. Maybe it comes with the job. They do deal with a lot of scum, but it sure gets me angry when they treat everyone that way.

By the way, I would use my judgement in every situation. Should everyone driving 31 mph in a 30 mph zone, get a ticket? Even if, they' re rushing an injured person to a hospital? How about if their wife is about to have a baby? Black and white - give them a ticket?

I would kick my own butt for being a total butthead like 99% of game wardens are.
I have noticed a certain " attitude" and general abuse of power from these guys. Maybe it comes with the job. They do deal with a lot of scum, but it sure gets me angry when they treat everyone that way.

By the way, I would use my judgement in every situation. Should everyone driving 31 mph in a 30 mph zone, get a ticket? Even if, they' re rushing an injured person to a hospital? How about if their wife is about to have a baby? Black and white - give them a ticket?

Old 11-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

They really have to let everyone know whos in charge I think. If they go in there all meek and apologetic they' d get run over. They for the most part do their job with NO thank you' s or praise. It' s a time consuming, unappreciated, underpaid profession. Sure there are some jerks. But, we have them in every walk of life. They' re loners because they have to be. Most of the time they' re on their own with no help or backup. They have no idea what kind of yahoo they' ll run into at the next minute. If you behave you have nothing to fear. They can be a wealth of knowledge and information. You don' t like them, give him what he wants and he' ll be on his way and probably won' t bother you again if you' re straight. I don' t understand people having a case of the " butt" against these guys. They' re protecting your resources and hunting privileges.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:39 AM

Very well said David...I have been working in the Corrections field in prisons since I got outta school.... another thankless job. Remember there are jerks in every profession. So of course there will be some in law enforcement. But even if they are jerks if you didnt do anything wrong they have nothing to hold against you. I also hear what sounds like alot of hypocrites....I am an instructor in corrections and teach alot of new recruits a simple message I try to get across is they are human too, but remember if just a little turn of fate, or a split second of bad judgement ANYONE can be sitting behind bars or on the wrong side of the law. I can honestly say there has been many times my gun hasnt been unloaded at exactly end of hunting season, etc.....
Old 11-20-2003, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

im so tired of hearing about how much time someone has spent hunting one particular animal and then complain if someone else takes it.
I could care less if SOMEONE else took it. Congrats you were the better hunter. As long as it' s legally done then that' s the breaks. If someone drives by on his way to the grocery store in town and decides to kill the animal I' ve been hunting at 2:00am, then hell yes I have a problem and I hope you do too.

[quote][/qu if the guy is in a bad situation and he has to feed a family, who cares! its a pastime for you, its his familys welfare for him. ote]

Please!!!!

furthermore, you guys are such hyprocrites. do you alwyas come to a complete stop at every stop sign? do you alwyas follow the speed limit? those are laws too.

I could be slightly wrong here, but that may be just a touch different than ending an animals life. I dunno call me crazy.

Quick Reply: If You Were A Game Warden, Would You.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.