HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lone Wolf
Thread: Lone Wolf
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Cougar Mag
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lone Wolf

This is my second season using the Lone Wolf sit-n-climb stand and I would not trade it for the world! I owned a Loggy Bayou for many years, tried an Ol Man, then bought and sold a new Summit Cobra after testing a Lone Wolf!

1. Folds down nicely, very easy to pack and quiet while carrying.
2. The traction belt is strong and rugged.....will grip any tree unlike some stands. After 2 seasons of heavy use the belt looks like new.
3. Very quiet climbing, descending and while hunting.
4. The climbing bar can be moved up/down while in the stand, so it can be used for a gun rest or folded under the seat for an open front.
5. The platform is very stable, I can put my toes on the side or front without fear of the platform moving or shifting.
6. Lightweight.....but its not 13 lbs., more like19, BUT it does pack like 13 lbs. while carrying.
7. Built in bow holder is great, but add the custom molded fitted rubber piece to protect the limbs and for quietness taking bow in and out.

Two suggestions.......(1)carry a foam pad to sit on if you plan to sit all day, and (2) I added footstraps for climbing, although I don' t use them coming down.