Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting >

Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting

Old 11-12-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting

hello fellow hunters. I am two years into deer hunting and in desperate need of advise. The rut is in full swing where i' ve been hunting. I' ve seen some scrapes and rubs in my area. The other day i saw two monster bucks running the same doe about 100 yards away. what is the best way or method for me to get one of those bucks near me. I know that is a pretty wide open question but if some one could give me almost like an itinarary for my next evening hunt that would be great. I' ll try it and give you feed back. Thanks....
Old 11-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting

Forehead let me be the first to welcome you to the board. In your shoes I would try a couple of things in that situation, the first thing would be a few doe bleats hoping that one of the bucks would decide why compete with the other guy when there is another doe over there, if that didn' t work you might try to get them PO' ed by doing a deep buck grunt and shaking some limbs hard. If none of those bring them in it may be to to move your stand.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rookie Needing some tips for east coast Whitetail Hunting

Welcome to the forum.

As to your situation... a wise man once said " Find the does and the bucks will come" ...at least during the rut that is. If you can find where the does are feeding and/or traveling then key in on those areas and the bucks will eventually show up. A simple and yet effective strategy.