Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A question about the Summit Revolution?? >

A question about the Summit Revolution??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A question about the Summit Revolution??

Old 11-11-2003, 02:20 PM

Default A question about the Summit Revolution??

On the Summit Revolutions.....are they a pain to put together and are they all one piece like the Vipers...I don' t want to have to screw in the footrest everytime I hunt....LMK PLEASE....and LMK if it is easy to use...
Old 11-13-2003, 08:24 AM

Default RE: A question about the Summit Revolution??

not sure as i don' t have one but hard to tell from the photo and the product explanation but i wouldn' t imagine Summit making something that would be a pain in the a$$ to use.... simplicity and ease of use seems to be thier focus.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

They are one piece, just like they set up very easily, just like the Viper. They are extremely comfortable, just like the Viper.

Having said that, I know some guys that do not like them because:
1. They are heavier than the Viper.
2. Contrary to what Summit says, they are not a stand up sit down climber, they are a hand climber. While it is feasible to climb with it as a stand up/sit down type, it is difficult and very slow.

I have the Viper with the footrest, and I have never taken it off since I initially installed it.

For me though, the Revolution is better than the Viper, and I love mine. For others, they did not like it and have gone back to the Viper.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100% with everything reylamb posted. I have a Revolution as well and he nailed it perfectly.

- Extremely comfortable to sit in for extended periods of time because of the relaxed seat position and basically permanent foot rest. It is actually a separate piece on the model I have but it is not meant to be taken off and reinstalled each time that you hunt.

- If they are heavier than the Viper then it is not by much...a pound or two maybe?

- You definitely need to use arm strength if you want to get up the tree faster than 4 inches every 10 seconds...

I definitely enjoy mine and hope to be able to use it extensively for rifle season this year as that it usually when I spend the extended periods of time on stand.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the revolution a year ago after I owned a Tree Lounge. I liked the tree lounge comfort, but it was a Pain in the A_ _ to set up, and it was loud. The revolution is quite comfortable. I needed that due to my size and weight. I did' nt want to feel confined...which I don' t. The foot rest folds up. The stand overall is very comfortable, easy to use, and quiet. Quiet is relative. If you go out and do not practice it first, your going to hate it. The more you use the stand the quieter and better you' ll be at it. Trust me on tha one. It is a little heavier than the Viper, but the extra comfort is worth it. It' s only a couple of pounds anyway.

Others said that you need arm stregth to get in, yes this is true. However, my girlfriend came out with me this year and used it. She' s 5-4 and 110lbs and she could do it. If you can do a dip, than you can use this climber.

J