Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Filled my Doe tag. >

Filled my Doe tag.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Filled my Doe tag.

Old 11-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Filled my Doe tag.

Yesterday evening I finally filled my Doe tag. Nice 25 yard shot slightly quarting away. I had guessed 20 yards and was aiming a hair low in case of string flinch but since switching to carbon arrows, the 20 yard pin is dead on at 25. Arrow didn' t quite pass through. Entered the left side, sliced through the top the heart then broke the leg on the right side. Arrow was buried up to its fletchings. She ran eight, yup 8 yards and crashed. Worked on and off all day today cutting her up and grinding some burger. Made a couple nice roasts, all kinds of steaks and chops, and a lot of burger which I also use for jerky. She was a big mature doe with lots of fat on her.

Special note****I was using a Montec G5 broadhead. I love the way these things fly but, I' ve spent at least 15 to 25 minutes per head getting them super sharp. Shouldn' t have to do that when paying $10 a head. It did make a big hole going in and coming out. The head looks undamaged. Just thought I' d give you a how they work update.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Filled my Doe tag.

Congrats !
Old 11-09-2003, 09:33 PM

Default RE: Filled my Doe tag.

congratulations