Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics) >

Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics)

Old 11-09-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics)

Well I finally got a chance at a mature 10 pointer yesterday morning here in West Virginia. This story all started in early September when I found a great funnel with a string of velvet rubs about 2 miles back into the timber. I returned a few days later and set up my deer cam on the trail to see if I could get a picture of the buck that was using the area. Well sure enough I got 2 pictures of the buck that was using the funnel. I set up a stand in the funnel and stayed out of the area. I started to hunt the stand in the early season but since it was such a great spot I decided to wait until November to hunt the stand. Yesterday morning I snuck into the stand to see if I could catch the buck sneaking through the funnel on his way to checking out the near by doe bedding areas. I hadn' t seen a deer until 10 am. At 10 am I heard a deer come running off the ridge straight in front of me wide open. The deer was on pins and needles and was jumpy as heck. The buck came through the funnel and stopped broadside 32 yards in front of me and was looking back up the way he had came. I took the shot and the shockwave hit a little high and spine shot the buck. He ran 60 yards before dropping. After looking at the deer he has been in one heck of a fight. The end of his right main beam is broke as well as his G-1 and G-3 tines are broke. From the way the deer was running down the hill I would assume that another mature buck ran him off the hill. I thought it was cool to find this bucks early season velvet rubs, find the funnel he was using, get 2 deer cam pictures of him and then harvest him the first morning on stand. Now if it would always work out like that!!!!

Here is one of the deer cam pics I got:

Here he is after he got a little to close to the Hoyt Razortec:

Old 11-09-2003, 01:10 PM

Default RE: Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics)

Congratulations buddy!! It' s great when a plan comes together ain' t it? Not to rain on your parade but...the deer cam pic and the pic of the buck with the happy hunter do not appear to be the same buck in my opinion. Not that it matters...I still haven' t taken a buck yet this year. Congratulations again. Jim
Old 11-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONRATS on scoreing on a buck that you did your homework on, thats a great accomplishment[8D]
Very nice buck
Gotta wonder what did the buck look like that he was running from, to bad you didnt get to see him!
Now you can do your homework on that other buck that was fighting with him for next year
Old 11-09-2003, 01:15 PM

congratulations, thats a real nice buck
Old 11-09-2003, 02:04 PM

It is always a great feeling when you get a deer that you have been watching all year. Congrats.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:07 PM

Congrats!....Which county in West Virginia do you hunt?.....I hunt in Fayette County.....Nice Buck!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:54 PM

Nice!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:55 PM

Grats on that buck...look forward to seeing more pictures of it at work.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! I have to agree with jimimac, that appears to be a nice 8 on your game cam. That just means you have at least one more very nice buck to stick!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:07 PM

Thanks for all the replies. It is for sure the same buck. I know because of the deers track. Also you can' t see the 2 small sticker points coming off his brow tines in the deer cam picture. I am 100% for sure that the deer in the deer cam picture is the same one I harvested.

Quick Reply: Finally Scored On A 10-Pointer Yesterday Morning!!! (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.