Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need Your Opinion Part 2 >

Need Your Opinion Part 2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Your Opinion Part 2

Old 02-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Need Your Opinion Part 2

From the reponses I recieved from the original thread it appears many here are against the type of operation I mentoined.

Now I'd like to know how you feel about a very welll known personality shooting shows there and calling it"Wild"?

The last two episodes of "Spirit of the Wild" have been shot at the Young Ranch.Both animals killed were shot at bait piles.In both cases many of the animals that were standing around never ran off.Ted explained that that it's because his bow was so quite,because of the limb savers that are on his bow.

I'm not a Ted Nugent basher by any means, but both these shows really turned me off.I would have written this no matter who the personality was.Mainly because of the way he tried to portray the hunts as something special and the way they made me feel when I watched the show.I honestly just kept shaking my head.My 11 yr old watched the episode when he killed the Elk and commented "who is he trying to kid,that's not hunting?"

Old 02-03-2002, 09:42 AM

Default RE: Need Your Opinion Part 2

I didnt think that Ted Nugent would be the kind that would hunt animals that were TRAPPED behind a fence. But if you have a film to make it is EASIER to hunt in a ZOO than to actually hunt wild animals.

P&Y fair chase rule #3: No animal taken behind the confines of a fence shall be considered fair chase.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

didnt see it, didnt see your thread either, what one was it?
Old 02-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ah Charlie I think you are starting to see the light! Game shouldnt be used for the sole purpose of making money or making someone a millionare or even famous...its a dang shame it has turned that way!
Old 02-03-2002, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree on this one not very impressed at all with T N or his show ..
Old 02-04-2002, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

After he shot the Elk he said something to the effect. I want everbody to take a deep breath and feel the wildness and then he pauses for about ten seconds and says can you feel it? I sat there and said to myself your kidding right?

Lilhunter, I never needed to see the light,I've always known what hunting is about.At least what it's about for me.

I was going to post over on Nugents board,but there moving to another service and it's down.Proably would just get flamed anyway.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Ted does a lot of fence hunting. I remember one particular tree where he shot a big buck. The next hunt he shoots a big pig from the same tree. The ground was beaten and void of all leaves and vegetation. There was no underbrush anywhere. It was obvious they were in a fence. I guess anything to make a movie.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do like Ted sometimes, but he has gotten on my nerves since the beggining of his show. I don't watch it anymore.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ted is an egomaniac...plain and simple. He claims that hunting puts him "at one with animal and nature"...Well, Ted---Why the fence?

Old 02-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats right..but you did ask so there was my opinion like you asked for......if you are set in the mind about doing it..go for it, I am sure you will have a riot! I cant say enuf to those who are able to do what they love day in and day out and make a living at it.....I just cant agree with reaping the benefits of size of antlers as it relates to a hunters life! So Beatty shot a huge buck....kudos to him...that pic sucks and it gets old seein his face on all kinds of crap he is willing to put a signature too...that is what I am alluding to!

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinion Part 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.