Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My WI archery 10 pointer >

My WI archery 10 pointer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My WI archery 10 pointer

Old 11-15-2019, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default My WI archery 10 pointer

Deer Number 11 for calendar 2019 (8 of them were suburban nuisance/cull tags for the city). I think this ten point yesterday morning. Based on the feedback Ive been getting about the excessive blood in my photos on social media (which is perfectly natural and expected in bowhunting) I cleaned up the blood and dragged the deer to fresh snow for the pictures. I was so focused on bloodless photos, I never thought to take a picture with me and the buck.

I started the euro mount right away in the morning after hanging the buck and before I went to bed it was cleaning up pretty well.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck and congrats
its a shame so many folks have made simple things more complicated
its hunting, we KILL things, and things we kill bleed
don;t like it, don't look
but the world today is just so, forced anymore to make strangers happy, and seem so few want to stand up(not bashing you) and just not allow them to matter!
a shame , common sense has left so many!
Old 11-18-2019, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

48 hours after taking this ten point, here is the euro mount I did.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

What did you boil that in? Mine didn't come quite as white.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Simmer (never boil) for 4 hours in hot but not boiling water. Change the water and remove as much meat as you can. Remove the bottom jaw and brain and eyes at this point. Return to fresh water with plenty of dawn dish soap. Simmer another 4 hours and let sit in that hot water over night. Next day, remove any remaining meat, scrub with stiff brush and dawn soap. Paper towel dry an submerge in a bucket of acetone to further degrease. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Dry off and wrap the antlers in black electrical tape to protect from the 40 volume peroxide. cut paper towels into 2 x 2 inch squares and dip in the 40 volume and apply directly to the skull. (This method allows you to use less and apply exactly where you want it.) Wrap the skull in Saran Wrap for 8 to 12 hours then rinse and dry. You can further degrease at a later date if you see any oily spots.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Spike

Congrats on a great buck!