Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ?? >

What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ??

Old 06-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default G7 BR2 Ballistic Rangefinder

If anyone is looking for a solid rangefinder, I am selling my G7 BR2 Ballistic Rangefinder. It's in pristine condition (absolutely no scratches on the lens). I'm looking to get $1,000 OBO (retails at $1,600). It's been great to me for bowhunting-- I switched to an all-in-one which is the only reason I am parting with it.

If you're interested, I'm selling it on My Camo Exchange. If you go to their site you'll see it on the homepage under Recently Added items.
Attached Thumbnails What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ??-rangefinder-copy-min.jpg  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Grouch,
You're still welcome to use whatever legal tool that you want to use and make the "sport" into whatever you want it to be for yourself.
I shoot a recurve and that will be the only bow that I take into the woods this year.
They still make flintlocks.
Here's the thing.... You have the freedom to choose. Just like the guy who chooses to use a $2,000 bow.
Freedom is a beautiful thing. Not a reason to complain.
-Jake
I agree with you 100% Jake. If I want to take my 370 fps crossbow or my recurve out for deer it is my choice. Both perfectly legal. Same with regular rifle season. I can take a rifle that will drop a deer at 600+ yards or grab my flintlock or percussion cap rifle where I need to cut that distance to less than 100 yards. Its all where your mind is that particular day. Personally I'd rather see someone hunt with a crossbow and make a human kill than someone try to use a recurve and gut shoot an animal and not recover it.
As for that kid, at least the father took him out. A lot of guys don't. And who knows what happened before this hypothetical show? May be the kid did scouting with his dad and that's were they decided to set the blind?
A pastor once said:"never judge the first time you met them - you never know what chapter of their life you happen to walk in on".
Heck I let YOU join our camp just talking to you on here! I haven't regretted that - YET! LOL
Old 08-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by grouch55
Oh Man, many are becoming bow shooters not Bowhunters, ! Two feet is best for bowhunting ranging !!!! take 35 long steps, that's far enough !! a range finder for a close and personal sport ! WOW ! new modern bows, lets see hold over from 20 to 30 yards---oh yea almost negligeable !!!!
There isn't nothing wrong with being a "bow shooter" These people shoot day in and day out. Most of them can hit a 3" bullseye at 30 yards everytime. I's love to see you try that with your recurve! I've been bowhunting for over 55 years now and started well before compound bows came out. And I killed my share of deer too. I also missed my share. I didn't get into shooting compounds until the late 80s. I killed one of my biggest buck with a compound at 43 yards which I ranged with my rangefinder. Never would have been possible (ethical) with a recurve. Now I often use a crossbow along with a range finder. Just because its handier. Personally, I can shoot my compound better than my crossbow at 50 yards and over. Not that I would shoot an animal that far but because practicing at 70 yards makes me a better shot at practical bow yardages of 40 yards or less.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
A pastor once said:"never judge the first time you met them - you never know what chapter of their life you happen to walk in on".
Heck I let YOU join our camp just talking to you on here! I haven't regretted that - YET! LOL
those might be the key words there Clem!

-Jake
Old 08-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Grouch,

You're still welcome to use whatever legal tool that you want to use and make the "sport" into whatever you want it to be for yourself.

I shoot a recurve and that will be the only bow that I take into the woods this year.

They still make flintlocks.

Here's the thing.... You have the freedom to choose. Just like the guy who chooses to use a $2,000 bow.

Freedom is a beautiful thing. Not a reason to complain.

-Jake

AWESOME Post Jake!!!
Old 09-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I found using a single pin only eliminated any confusion on distance with a bow. Just sight it in around 25 yards and adjust your aim for more or less. Also, just measure a few points away from your stand as your guide when starting out.