HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ??
Old 08-02-2019, 07:15 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by grouch55
Oh Man, many are becoming bow shooters not Bowhunters, ! Two feet is best for bowhunting ranging !!!! take 35 long steps, that's far enough !! a range finder for a close and personal sport ! WOW ! new modern bows, lets see hold over from 20 to 30 yards---oh yea almost negligeable !!!!
There isn't nothing wrong with being a "bow shooter" These people shoot day in and day out. Most of them can hit a 3" bullseye at 30 yards everytime. I's love to see you try that with your recurve! I've been bowhunting for over 55 years now and started well before compound bows came out. And I killed my share of deer too. I also missed my share. I didn't get into shooting compounds until the late 80s. I killed one of my biggest buck with a compound at 43 yards which I ranged with my rangefinder. Never would have been possible (ethical) with a recurve. Now I often use a crossbow along with a range finder. Just because its handier. Personally, I can shoot my compound better than my crossbow at 50 yards and over. Not that I would shoot an animal that far but because practicing at 70 yards makes me a better shot at practical bow yardages of 40 yards or less.