Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Idaho Archery elk hunt >

Idaho Archery elk hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idaho Archery elk hunt

Old 04-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Idaho Archery elk hunt

Looking forward to Sept. I'll use this space to detail the prep and the hunt.

This is the first setup Im evaluating for my upcoming Idaho Elk hunt.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 04-04-2019 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Title
Old 04-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

I took care of the title for you.

-Jake
Old 04-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those BHs look a lot like the old Snuffer BHs I used back in the late 70s. 145 gr I believe they were and shot them out of a Golden Eagle compound.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Same original maker. Snuffers are not longer made but the woodsman are. The snuffer was 1 1/2" wide (huge head. When Roger Passed (just before I departed for my Hawaii Bull hunt) I switched from these woodsman heads for the hunt to Roger's Snuffers out of a tribute.

I took a 1000 pound bull and 2 Polynesian hogs up on the mountain on the big island with a 700 grain arrow tipped with the snuffer.

Steep downward shot angle.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

What does a non-resident Idaho license and elk tag go for these days. Last time I went it was somewhere around $750. Our group were doing a drop camp in the Stolle Meadows area for mule deer and elk. Two days before the elk season started I was still hunting for mulies and a bull bugled ab out 1/4 mile or so away. Almost as soon as he was done bugling a giant 6x6 bull stood up from behind a cluster of small pine trees no more than 50 yards away and bugled back. It was a sight I'll never forget. I got on my knees and was trying to get my camera out of the bottom of my back pack as he just walked away from my life. I got a nice 4x4 mulie on that hunt but never released an arrow on a bull elk.
I just checked and it was WY that had cost that much. ID elk tag is just a bit over $400. There are a couple other fees you have to pay but not bad for some of the best venison on the planet. (I haven't tried caribou yet).

Last edited by bronko22000; 05-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Im hunting under an outfitter quota tag since I booked with an outfitter meaning his gets the tags and sells the outfitted/guided hunts as a package..
Old 05-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
Im hunting under an outfitter quota tag since I booked with an outfitter meaning his gets the tags and sells the outfitted/guided hunts as a package..
Sounds like you can save some green that way. If you don't mind can you PM me the outfitter and the price? I'd like to go on one more elk hunt if I can swing it.