Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Today's buck

Old 01-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some nice bucks. Looks like a fun hunt.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

Its been about 90 days since I killed this buck with a bow in WI so I took it to the Deer and Turkey expo over the weekend to have it scored. The bucks are then put on display for the weekend for the attendees. When I went to pick it up there was a note on the rack asking me to come to the measuring area. It turns out the buck makes not only Pope and Young records but also Boone and Crockett award and the Wisconsin Buck and Bear club wanted it entered in their book. How often does a guy kill 2 160+ bucks in a single season with a bow? Then when the weekend concluded I found out I took second at the event. Now I have Utah Archery Elk on the brain.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Spike

Congrats to you on getting some great bucks!
Old 04-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on a couple of very nice deer. The best I could ever do score was was about 115. But for PA that's not too bad. I've seen plenty of bigger bucks but it was always during bear season or else just out of bow range or right after I've shot a buck. You know, Murphy's law!
Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

If you want to see big bucks use your buck tag on a scrub buck the first weekend of archery.

You'll be covered in big bucks the rest of the season.

Ask me how I know lol

-Jake
Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Spike

nice deer..