Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Season is over, what are you going to change >

Season is over, what are you going to change

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season is over, what are you going to change

Old 12-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Spike

Default Season is over, what are you going to change

Hello everyone, thought it was time to join a new blog and see what’s happening. Now that hunting season is over, already thinking of next year.
First on my list, finding new places to hunt.

What’s yours?
Old 12-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

With two kids now I don't spend much time archery hunting. The days of 60 stand sits a year are over for the foreseeable future.

I keep a ladder stand set up on a small chunk of woods behind my parents place. It's easy to maintain my shooting lanes, and I can slip in their quickly for a hunt.

I think I went out with the bow three times this year. And took one with a .45-70 out of that stand during Ohio's extended gun season. My other stands are all in storage for the time being, except my climbing stand that's still in the garage ready to go.

Next year my Boy will be turning six. So I will have him out a few times in the archery stand. Maybe we'll get lucky. Most of my hunting time with him will be devoted to squirrel though. It'll keep him entertained as well as begin teaching him the skills he will need and the gun safety he'll need.

Prior to having kids I had bought a recurve and began practicing and set my sights on taking a deer with the traditional gear. I only shot it a few times this past year. So, I suppose my goal for next year will be to just shoot that more often and hone my skills so that when I do have time to begin chasing deer with a bow again, I'll be ready to use the traditional stuff.

-Jake
Old 12-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

No changes this year its all good do not need any new clothes, I like my xbow and can shoot the eye outta a chipmunk at 30 Yards, stands are all in place from the past few years, took a nine point and a seven point ( no brow tines) and a doe, clover plot was replanted last year, only job I have is to replant rye plot in early sept. oh yea fill in a few potholes in trails that's it so can fish my heart out next summer
Old 12-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Season isn't over in PA, archery and flintlock season comes back in the day after Christmas.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Spike

A little dead, I guess not many bow hunters visit this blog. I will check back in during turkey season. That’s going to be fun this year
Old 02-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Spike

I have decided to begin filming my outdoor adventures. So, I hope to get some bowhunts on video next season.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

New bow, PSE evolve35, new arrows, going fmj rather than xx78.

Always looking for new spots, rumor has it that the spot I found last year might have houses on it.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Looking forward to planting some chu fa ? Grass for turkeys , gonna turn some dirt soon , I still have a spring deer turkey mix and a fall deer and turkey mix but gonna plant turkey Grass around the pond this year , need to find chufa seed cheap. Trapping now to be eliminate some predators . got my first bobcat , bet he ate some baby turkeys last spring