HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41498-i-read-article-average-deer-hunter-age-42-future-looks-bleek-lets-do-our-own-pool.html)

Dalejbrass 01-05-2004 12:47 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I'm 33, been hunting since I was 10 and bowhunting since I was 15. Got my wife into bowhunting this year and am working on my brother, his son (7) and of course my daughter will have a bow in a couple of years (she is 2 now). I got two brother-in-laws (29 & 46)and a sister-in-law (34) into bowhunting last year.

DoeCuller 01-05-2004 02:37 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

I'm 37 been hunting 27 years. Bowhunting last 12. Wife has been hunting/bowhunting for 3 years now.

nitro23 01-05-2004 05:27 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

im 23 and i have hunted something for about 15 year

nh bowman 01-05-2004 09:23 PM

i'm 35 been bowhunting for 11yrs just got my nephew a bow he's13 he can't wait to start. goes scouting with me every chance he gets

T-23 01-06-2004 09:08 AM

I am 18, Started when i was 12 and i love it!! All my friends hunt and love it, around my area hunting is very very popular.

tiogahunter56 01-06-2004 05:02 PM

been hunting seens i was 13yrs.

texasyoungbuck 01-13-2004 07:21 PM

I AM 14 AND WILL TURN 15 SOON AND I HAVE BEEN HUNTING WITH MY PARENTS SINCE I WAS BORN BUT THEN THEY GOT DIVORSED AND I LIVED WITH MY MOM AND SHE DIDNT GO DOWN THERE AS OFTEN ANYMORE. BUT THEN WE STARTED GOING ALOT AND I STARTED HUNTING WHEN I WAS 12 AND I HARVESTED A 10POINTER FOR MY FIRST DEER. IN JUST ABOUT EVERY FAMILY MEMBER THAT I HAVE MET HUNTS. EVEN MY GRANDPARENTS, AND MY ONE ARMED GREAT UNCLE! LOL.
WHENMY GRANDMA AND OTHER OLDER RELATIVES PASS AWAY I WILL INHERIT ALOT OF LAND! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.
I ALSO AGREE THAT WE AS HUNTERS SHOULD GET FEMALES AND KIDS INTO HUNTING SO WE CAN KEEP OUR TRADITION ALIVE.

huntinMN 01-13-2004 07:36 PM

38 now, been bowhunting since I was about 14

CherieOakley 01-22-2004 12:41 PM

I am 44 and have only been bow hunting 3 years and gun hunting 5 years because my husband doesn't hunt! I've fished my entire life with my 23 year old son, but he never (nor my daughter) showed any interest in hunting. I have no women friends that hunt--I would love to have at least one woman hunting buddy instead of all my husbands friends! Although I love them all--they have been great teachers with much patience and so many tips and techniques to share.

bow_huntr 01-29-2004 11:24 AM

I am 18. If I ever see that happen I would go crazy! I love to hunt, nothin' better!