Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Spooking the Deer..Please help >

Spooking the Deer..Please help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spooking the Deer..Please help

Old 10-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Spike

thanks for the advise! I am waiting until the corn is down. In the future i will learn how to hunt from the ground. I have hunted from a tree stand for more than 40 years. Getting to old to climb 20' high these days!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I do when hunting near a cornfield if I'm the only 1 allowed there is to pay the person for the corn at going rate they sell by bushel to leave a couple strips unharvested so it'll be there all winter drawing them. The fact they are busting you on entrance or exit you'll have to move stand almost daily, and/or have a buddy decoy himself to distract them while you get in stand, and/or make a WIDE loop, and/or have a buddy walk with you and when you drop off, he keeps walking.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Spike

Let him walk by last night. To early in the year to take this ugly 6pt.
Attached Thumbnails Spooking the Deer..Please help-20151014_182040_800x450.jpg