Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is your favorite,  preferred "scent control"? >

What is your favorite, preferred "scent control"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your favorite, preferred "scent control"?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is your favorite, preferred "scent control"?

I realize there are a lot of brand name scent controls on the market to eliminate your human odor but what are some of your favorite field tested scent controls?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have no idea which brands are better than the other, let alone, if any of them work at all. I do use laundry detergent & body wash (Cheapest brand from Wally World), but I have been busted a time or 2. The best way to cover your scent is to hunt the wind. Have multiple stands on your property(if able), then figure out which way the wind is blowing that day and decide which stand to hunt from there.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Smoke from the campfire; works like a champ and it's cheap. Been using it over 40 years and I take white tail every year. The best scent control is hunting the wind!