Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 02:43 PM

Default Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I just got my pictures so I can tell the whole story and post pics at the same time. Last night, I' m sitting in my stand for an hour and a half or so, just reaching that point where I start to fidget and I see something coming through the brush. Then I see a flash of white, IT' S A BUCK. So I' m thinking it' s gonna be a small one and this 8-pointer steps out with long tines and a nice symetrical rack. He walks to my one shooting lane and stops, so I draw and he has his closer leg back and covering his vitals. So I wait at full draw. Well he takes his sweet a$$ time before walking forward and he takes two quick steps behind a tree. So I wait.....at full draw. He finally walks, quartering away, out from behind the tree. Perfect shot, 20 yds, quartering away, I' m at full draw, I take aim........I take aim........I can' t hold the damn pin still because I' ve been at full draw for over a minute now. He goes behind some brush and I let down. Relax, take deep breathes. He comes in to my next shooting lane and I' m ready but he' s not. He' s facing me. Then I look where he came from and there' s another buck, similar size but not as symetrical. So I have two bucks there and they' re looking at me then going back to feeding. So I take the only oppurtunity to draw that I can get. I wait and the first buck turns and I release. WHAM!!!!!! They both turn and head for the hills and he' s got my arrow sticking out of him. I heard him running throught he brush and then CRASHHHHHH!!!!!! 4 or 5 seconds of silince and then crash, crash, crash. I think he' s down. I call my friend and can barely talk I' m so excited. I get down and walk quitely over to that area and find half my arrow. I quietly walk a little further and it starts getting thick. I didn' t want to make a bunch of noise and spook him so I back out. Called some friends to help me and we went out and found him in about 15 minutes. He only ran about 50 yds. Perfect shot, right through one lung and the heart. I knicked the shoulder on the way in so I didn' t get a pass through but the broad head was through the flesh and not the skin. Another 1/4 inch and the blood trail would have been as wide as rail road tracks.

He' s a 9 pointer with a 14" inside spread (had a nice 2 inch kicker on his right side) and his G-2' s are 9 inches long. Shot him at 6:20 last night and I' m still on cloud 9. Hope this picture works!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 02:44 PM

Default RE: Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here' s another pic.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:45 PM

WOW! Nice Buck. Congrats.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:47 PM

One more guys. Check out the symetry of his rack, and the 9th point.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:48 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Damn fine deer. nice story too. I' m jealous but inspired.

David
Old 10-14-2003, 02:56 PM

Thats awesome man. Great buck and a cool story. It sure beats the wounding stories. I wish everyone would just keep them to themselves.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought stories like that only come true in fairy tales Congradulations
Old 10-14-2003, 03:00 PM

Congrats Solax,
Nice rack, good story too.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:01 PM

nice buck!!
Old 10-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

What a dandy. Thats it.....I' m quitting my job and just hunting!!!!! DAMN...I can' t do that. Damn mortgages!!!!!!

Nice deer and congrats!!!!

Quick Reply: Got a nice one last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.