Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields? >

How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields?

Old 10-14-2003, 12:28 PM

Default How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields?

Any tricks, or good common knowlege on how to hunt, corn an soybean fields
would be greatly appreciated. This are from 15 to 50 acre fields being both corn an soybean planted next to one another. The woods are mostly thick jungle like stuff with vines an hardwood trees, not oak. There are roads bordering most of this fields, with moderate traffic. This area is 63 miles away, so when I go ,I go to hunt , not much scouting time. Hunted for the first time, last weekend, saw three does,comeing from the fields at 9:05. Winded me a mile away, would have thought
I 30-06ed em. I think it was the rutting buck waffer I rubbed on my sleeve that
spooked em so bad. Open to all suggestions it been 7 years since I stuck one with the bow.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:31 PM

Default RE: How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields?

When you find out please let me know!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:21 PM

Default RE: How to Hunt Corn&Soybean fields?

I have a similar situation with a bean field and some jungle love behind it. I just arrowed a nice 9-pointer there last night so there are my credentials. What I did was 3 months ago, I cut a long path through the thick stuff. I put a stand in there and cut three shooting lanes. The deer will start to use the path because they don' t like to walk through that thick stuff either. It works, only problem is if you do it now you' re gonna scare the heck out of them. I' d say wait at least 2 weeks to hunt it after you cut it. When you cut it, put up your stand then too. Make it seem like a one time, human invasion where you weren' t hunting them and it shouldn' t spook them too too bad.

Good luck, hope this helped some. Remember, there are no " quick fixes" for thick, jungle like hunting spots.