Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do I hunt corn fields? >

How do I hunt corn fields?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do I hunt corn fields?

Old 08-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default How do I hunt corn fields?

Last year was my first year to hunt beans and now I get to hunt corn. I liked beans because you could see everything in the fields. What do I do now? Thanks in advance somebody help me arrow a big one?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do I hunt corn fields?

I hate hunting corn!!!! HATE IT!!!! At least were I hunt it....deer just stay in there. During bow season they don't even get a lot of pressure. They sure like to stay in it. The best way I did (surely not the best for everyone or the ony way) is to hunt the corners or the fields. Where I hunted the corners weren't grown as high because the trees blocked a lot of light. Also, the corn wasn't as thick because the farmers use the corners as turn around points, they don't plant as much seed. This is the only way I have been even close to successfull on hunting corn fields.

When the corn is cut down...thats a different story. You get your site back and they will come in and feed on the left overs in the fields after the combines are threw.

J
Old 08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

in lete season get yourself a 10' tall ladder. put it out near an opening, sit on the top wrung of the ladder and wait for teh deer to show up in the opening. try to find an opening in the corn that has a small puddle or some standing water.. the deer need to hydrate after munching on corn all day....
in early season set up near the edge of one of these openings and get yourself a blind. perferably one with teh stalks type camo. good luck.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:24 PM

I agree with justthrowit about the corners,especially the one that is on the backside or the most remote one. I got a nice buck this way years ago.it was a natural funnel with the fencerows and trees on each side of of the corner which also had a trail or small road leading to it. I arrowed the deer the first time I hunted it and never had anymore luck that year.they didn't plant it anymore after that year After the corn is combined you should be able th find where they are entering the field even if it is not the corner.Take your stand with you,climb up,wait and shoot.The first time seems to be best for me.

good luck
Old 08-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a post a few weeks ago on how to hunt a corn feild .Goto search ,subject is How to ,hunt corn feild and auther is johnch this should give you some tips . I love still hunting corn feilds ,just go slow and have fun .