Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

over drow

Old 10-13-2003, 11:21 AM

Default over drow

Im thinking about putting an over drow on my bow do you know any that are good I can;t sime to find any thank' s
Old 10-13-2003, 11:39 AM

Default RE: over drow

I' m not a fan of overdraws. If you are looking for more speed, try carbons. They' ll give you more speed than what an overdraw will without sacrificing forgiveness.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:33 PM

I second Dacotah. I did use an overdraw on an old Hoyt Superslam once. I did shoot pretty well with it, but I wouldn' t use one again. Carbons will do the same thing, and you won' t sacrifice anything. If you want to use an overdraw along with carbons, you' ll be getting a pretty light arrow-probably too light to be safe to use with your bow.
I' d say use carbons, and if you really want the shorter arrows, slide your rest back a little to shorten the arrow an inch or so.

peashooter
Old 10-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot an overdraw on my Golden Eagle and it does just great. I' ve been shooting with it since I got the bow. I shoot 2213 24" Easton SuperSlams. It shoots at 280fps. OBTW Carbon isn' t always the answer. I have alums and if it ain' t broke don' t fix it.