Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt! >

275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Old 10-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

I personally enjoy spending my money on this stuff wheter it works or not. I just think it is cool to have to go to such extreme measures with scent elmination products. Plus it is always good because what if that deer comes in from behind you where the wind is going.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

good post articbowman and wofen 68.
I hunt with a guy that has killed more deer and turkey in blue jeans and wearing an orange vest that probably no one would believe me, i do wear camo but all the scent stuff each to his own, just dont use it.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I still don' t understand two things here. First of all, how did the hunter " drop" the buck with his bow in the truck.

Secondly, where is the reference to big money and exploitation when the C903' s wife works with the guy? It isn' t like he' s out trying to get publicity about it. Is it just presumed that it is going to happen if somebody shoots a nice animal? That attitude irks me more than seeing somebody being proud of their animal.

Maybe wilk or 6ptsika could explain to me why he sees Wolfens post as a good one? I just don' t understand the relationship to that comment and the story posted? Maybe I' m missing something?
Old 10-13-2003, 01:21 PM

That was good, Rack!

I did some more checking and now I feel better.

First, it was drizzling so he put on a camo jacket to stay dry. Also, the buck actually stood beneath his stand and stared at him. He was unable to shoot until the buck WALKED away. Therefore, that has to be proof that the buck was blind!

PS: I told my wife that " It is the hunt, not the kill." She said; " Good, you can get rid of all your bows and bow gear, and not buy any more stuff!" [:@]
Old 10-13-2003, 01:22 PM

Guess I still don' t understand two things here. First of all, how did the hunter " drop" the buck with his bow in the truck.
He dropped the kid off and wasn' t going to hunt - but since he had the bow in the truck he decided to get on stand anyway.

Secondly, where is the reference to big money and exploitation when the C903' s wife works with the guy?
They are eluding to the fact of how so many hunters think they " need" all the fancy stuff and the camo/scent manufacturers fuel and feed of this.

I think thats right
Old 10-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

artic calm down, you can take the original post a couple of ways, like you said camo does help and the scent stuff might help, i just think some people look at it different ways, i think what they meant about the bow in the truck was he kept his bow in the truck but didnt have time to change into his camo so he just took his bow and got in his stand, Im happy for the guy, i dont think anybody meant anything disrespectful or anything like i said at the end of my post (each to his own) i didnt knock anyone else. I just think some took the oppertunity to say you dont always need all of the expensive stuff... thats all.........
Old 10-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Doesn' t bother me because I don' t think you can chalk it up to anything but luck. And without HIS luck I' ll keep using all the good descenting methods that I can in order to be skilled instead. [:-]
Old 10-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]Jordan and Bushman make a living selling camo, would you expect a different response?

AND--90% of their hunts are on ranches, so how much can their opinions be measured?

Old 10-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

OK, I' m leaving for NY Wed. AM. I' m going to give it a try. I think the blue undies over the top of my wool camo should keep me warm and really bring in the BIG ONES.

" />
Old 10-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where you going to be in NY Dave?

Quick Reply: 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.