Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt! >

275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 AM

Default RE: 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

The story is bogus - no way - can' t happen!

I have been hunting and reading magazines and watching t.v. shows for toooo long to believe a mature whitetail buck can be shot without the best camo and scent eliminators out there. This story is so crazy I even e-mailed Bill and Jackie so they can put this b.s. to a rest.

Hello Chuck,

I read the story of the BIG buck that was shot in street cloths, and to be honest it just can' t be true. There is a very good reason We at Realtree work so hard to develop the best camo - because YOU NEED IT to score. That’s why we show all our hunters camo gear 50 times during every hunt we film - it is to help you. Don' t let bogus stories like this fool you - You will be a very unhappy hunter if you do not hunt with our camo.

Good Luck,
Bill Jordean
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for pointing out the untrue story of a big buck being shot with no camo or scent killers. It' s nice to see some hunters like yourself have not become sheep to all the lies and bad propaganda that can float around the hunting world. Of course it is impossible to shoot a deer that big without camo and carbon suits - Why do you think we use them on every hunt????

Lots of Luck
Jackie Bushmen

P.S. - Do you need a vacuum cleaner?

See.......don' t believe it - I sure don' t
Old 10-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people have all the luck.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

RA, LOL.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:41 AM

I thought the buck was in denims and a T-shirt.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 AM

That was good Rack I' m with you it just can' t be true. They must be lying for some strange reason
Old 10-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a very large bull caribou on the 5th of July at 1:30am wearing a blue carhartt jacket. I was on green and brown tundra, and there was snow on the ground.

You don' t NEED camo, but it does help. You sure as heck don' t need scent elimination stuff, but it MIGHT help.

If the story is true, congrats to the hunter! I won' t hate just because somebody got lucky. I' d rather see a non-camo bowhunter in a tree stand than a guy with a $400 scentless camo overall set sitting in a tree house shooting deer from 300 yards.

Jordan and Bushman make a living selling camo, would you expect a different response?
Old 10-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Luck...maybe. I don' t know this hunter, no do I know how good of a hunter he may be. He may be soemone who just KNOWS how to hunt.

Chances are he did' nt just come across a tree and say " I' m hanging a stand right here" . I' ll bet he scouted this location for some time. Not only that.....It' s early in the season...probably had good cover so he would' nt be seen. He probably took time and cut good shooting lanes. Also, I' ll bet he practiced shooting his bow until he felt confident with it. Lastly, as it' s been mentioned before, I' ll bet he had a prefferable wind. He was in the right place at the right time. I bet he already knew it was the right place. Hunting is' nt about dumb luck. I think there is a lot more to this story than him just getting out of work late!!!!!

My $0.02.

J
Old 10-13-2003, 12:36 PM

Jordan and Bushman make a living selling camo, would you expect a different response?
LOL....
Old 10-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I was with my dad one night after work when he shot a big 8 pt from 15 yards, on the ground, still in his blue mechanic' s uniform and just a camo jacket over it, stinking like grease and diesel fuel.

I was also there when he shot a moose at 20 yards while wearing bright yellow gloves.

As long as you sit still and have the wind in your favor, 9 times out of 10 you' ll get a shot. Of course there is that one time when the camo and scent killer JUST MIGHT save your butt, so it definitely doesn' t hurt to have it.

Good story though.

Quick Reply: 275+ lb 14-Pnt buck in denims and T-shirt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.