Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 RE: Deer droppings >

RE: Deer droppings

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RE: Deer droppings

Old 10-10-2003, 01:12 PM

Default RE: Deer droppings

Can you really tell the difference between doe droppings and buck droppings? I' ve
been told doe droppings look like little pellets and buck droppings will be 2 or 3 bigger balls. Now I don' t know about you, but my droppings appearance depends entirely on what I had for dinner last night And those early morning, after hunting droppings, well we won' t go there[8D]
Old 10-10-2003, 01:20 PM

I have found that taste is the really the only true way to tell. Doe droppings will have alittle sweeter taste. A buck will be more tart.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

A buck' s will be bigger and clumped together.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:05 PM

I have found that taste is the really the only true way to tell. Doe droppings will have alittle sweeter taste. A buck will be more tart.
LOL....well gotta do watcha gotta do...let me know how that turns out
Old 10-10-2003, 03:27 PM

Hate to break it to you, but you can' t tell a buck or doe from looking at its stool. This is a common misconception. The stool appearance is completely determined by what they eat.

I have rehabilitated several deer in my practice over the last several years and the stool consistancy always is dependent on what I feed them. Trust me on this one.

Now taste on the other hand.........
Old 10-10-2003, 07:09 PM

wvvet, I agree with you on the fact that clumped or not clumped make no difference. But what about the size of the droppings? I have seen some really big(half corn cob size) clumps a few times over the years and I assumed they were from big deer. Do the big TURDS fall from big deer? This is a serious question by the way. Thanks, ShadowAce
Old 10-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

The big round ones are from deer just returning from Prision.

Well little dropping usually come from small deer, I would think it would be safe to assume that big ones came from a larger deer.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:15 PM

The big round ones are from deer just returning from Prision

thats pretty funny...

so is that!

wouldnt it be sad if you heard on cnn that a hunter who goes by the nickname of kybuck1 from Danville KY was found dead in the woods and had apparently been eating deer crap when one was somehow inhaled and loged in his throat causing him to suffocat! hahaha

it wouldnt be funny if it actually happened, but it would be a great skit for saturday night live!!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Kinda funny his nick is K Y buck1, maybe has some thing to do with prefered lube.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:09 PM

I don' t think you can tell sex by the droppings. But I' m not a deer dung expert.
But now as far as taste goes. Deer that eat apples have a somewhat sweater taste.
Acorn diet bitter,corn normal taste but crunchy texture.
ok I' m done but some people say I really know my sh%#

Quick Reply: RE: Deer droppings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.