Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cover sent

Old 10-09-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Cover sent

What is the best way to cover sent? With so many products avalible it' s confusing to know what combination works best. I' m recently using Sent-away earth sent for my clothing; along with BA Acorn cover sent in the field. It' s fairly successful but is there anything better. The closest I' ve been able to get is about 40 yards. It' s close enough for a shot but I' d prefer to get close enough to take out any guess work. I have a pair of dow I' ve scouted and have them prety well figured out but they are very cautious any sent gets them startled. They have proven to be quite the challenge. Any advice or ideas would be wonderful. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Default RE: Cover sent

Stay downwind

Very hard to cover up human scent.

You have to play the wind - then you can get real close
Old 10-09-2003, 02:57 PM

Don' t try to cover up human scent. We stink. Try to be less stinky. Shower right before you go out. Use a soap designed for removing your scent. Keep your hunting clothes clean. Don' t wear them around the house. Put them on only right before you go out. Take them off immediatly when you come back in. Store them somewhere they will not pick up odors. I keep mine hunting clothes outside in big rubber maid tubs. Sometimes I freeze my but off when I go out in the morning to get dressed and my wife thinks I am retarded but that is the price we pay.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NorthernMN

Don' t try to cover up human scent. We stink. Try to be less stinky. Shower right before you go out. Use a soap designed for removing your scent. Keep your hunting clothes clean. Don' t wear them around the house. Put them on only right before you go out. Take them off immediatly when you come back in. Store them somewhere they will not pick up odors. I keep mine hunting clothes outside in big rubber maid tubs. Sometimes I freeze my but off when I go out in the morning to get dressed and my wife thinks I am retarded but that is the price we pay.
LOL. Your routine is almost exactly like mine. Especially the comment about freezing in the morning.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

In my opinion your usin one of the best cover scents with HS earth scent.
when you get on stand pin a fresh earth wafer to your cap. also a little coon pee sprayed on each side of your tree will help. that earth scent smells just like dirt, so what better cover scent could you ask for? I don' t see where the smell of dirt, or coon urine could spook a deer, since they smell it all time anyway.